Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let the fun begin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aircooledfool
Is anyone familiar with the Subaru 3.6 motor? Are the holes in yellow box for an engine mount? If so, maybe these could be used for a bulkhead mount made for the Porsche sixes?

Click to view attachment
Chi-town
Yes those are for the front engine mount in the 10+ outbacks.

It is not a full weight engine mount as they have two larger ones right at the bell housing that actually support the majority of the weight.

Take a moment and inspect the seam of the head and block right at the back of the timing cover to see if you see any seepage / leakage. If you do this can be a sign of a frontal impact as I notice the dipstick tube is also bent.
Aircooledfool
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Sep 12 2018, 04:11 PM) *

Yes those are for the front engine mount in the 10+ outbacks.

It is not a full weight engine mount as they have two larger ones right at the bell housing that actually support the majority of the weight.

Take a moment and inspect the seam of the head and block right at the back of the timing cover to see if you see any seepage / leakage. If you do this can be a sign of a frontal impact as I notice the dipstick tube is also bent.

We didn't see any and I saw a run video of the motor. Right or wrong, I now own it. This is a 2012 domestic Legacy motor with 21,000 miles.
Chi-town
It's not too hard to reseal if it does decide to leak, I wouldn't worry about it.

My 3.6 arrives on monday, and I pick up the trans tomorrow.

I'll start working on the cradle next week too, should only take a week or two to get it where I want it.

It's good that there's two of us doing it at the same time maybe we can get cheaper prices for buying multiples lol

just an fyi, the fuel system on this motor is returnless, you can run something like this to handle it rather than an in-tank pump.
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS1-Fuel-Fil...Kit,103299.html
Aircooledfool
Very exciting to be working on this at the same time! My plan is to take the motor to the local Link dealer early next week and we are going to get the harness sorted out with the ECM and get the motor started. I think I will be buying a new engine harness from the dealer to save time and start with something fresh.
Chi-town
Ask him how much for 2 harnesses biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.