Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil bath filter help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cool914
When I received my car the oil bath filter was removed. I just cleaned it up and was about to reinstall it but I can't find the bolt to secure it to the engine mounting bracket. All the I have is the 2 big halves of the oil bath filter components with attached snorkel. I looked on a parts diagram and it references a wing screw 8 x 20. Does anyone have a photo of one they could post. Is that wing screw all that is needed to secure it to the engine? I want to post in the WTB section but want to make sure that is all that I need.

Thanks
Greg
Cool914
I might add that 20 mm is not nearly long enough to make it from the top of the filter side, through the hole in the oil bath pan side, through the hole I the top of the bottom oil holding side (since there is no thread on it), all the way down the bracket on the engine. The bolt would need to be around 5-6 inches to go all the way through the air cleaner to the engine mount. So there must be more?
euro911
Maybe 20cm ... not mm ?

I just checked the long bolt (actually just a threaded rod with a wing nut) on a spare filter housing I have, and it measures 7". Not sure if it's the original or not though confused24.gif
Cool914

That makes sense I assumed it was mm. Is the wing nut attached to the rod or does it spin on the rod?
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 12 2018, 09:44 PM) *

Maybe 20cm ... not mm ?

I just checked the long bolt (actually just a threaded rod with a wing nut) on a spare filter housing I have, and it measures 7". Not sure if it's the original or not though confused24.gif

TheCabinetmaker
It's a wing bolt.
Cool914
Thanks! Will track one down.
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Sep 13 2018, 07:27 AM) *

It's a wing bolt.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.