Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front bumper GT cut out/ now offering the service.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Justinp71

I'm interested, I assume the price is for the steel work only (not including plating), is there a group buy cost going for getting them re-chromed?

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Sep 25 2018, 01:09 PM) *

I'm interested, I assume the price is for the steel work only (not including plating), is there a group buy cost going for getting them re-chromed?

YES...I can hold GB rechrome pricing on these bumpers.

Oscar
mb911
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Sep 25 2018, 12:09 PM) *

@Justin71 yes this is for the steel work only. I have honed my method on my way through 3 of these. There is allot of little details on these and I know now how to anticipate that as I build them..
mb911
Anyone else want one done?
ValcoOscar
Props to Ben @mb911 !!!!!

His GT front bumper mods came out SWEET!!!
I’m definitely in for two.

I like the nice small tig welds...very cleanly done. Can't wait to see them chromed.
My guys are used to 1/4" to 3" plate welding and impressed with Ben's nice work. beerchug.gif pray.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Aircooledfool
Ben -

I'm in for one but I do not have a core at the moment. I'm actively trying to find one. I need one without the holes for "tits". Thanks -
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Aircooledfool @ Oct 3 2018, 10:27 AM) *

Ben -

I'm in for one but I do not have a core at the moment. I'm actively trying to find one. I need one without the holes for "tits". Thanks -

I may have one I can ship to Ben for you. I'll know more in the upcoming days. Awaiting shipment from another member.

Stay tuned!!!

Oscar
mb911
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 3 2018, 09:07 AM) *

I like the nice small tig welds...very cleanly done. Can't wait to see them chromed.
My guys are used to 1/4" to 3" plate welding and impressed with Ben's nice work. beerchug.gif pray.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Oscar thank you for the kind words.. I learned a method on these and started on @Markepstein s then worked mine and then Dannys each time with improvements and I have an even better way to do them now.

I will be offering this service on my new website as I enjoy doing them . besides it helps for paying for my chrome work biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 3 2018, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 3 2018, 09:07 AM) *

Oscar

Oscar thank you for the kind words.. I learned a method on these and started on @Markepstein s then worked mine and then Dannys each time with improvements and I have an even better way to do them now.

I will be offering this service on my new website as I enjoy doing them . besides it helps for paying for my chrome work biggrin.gif

I;m the first to get the 2nd's biggrin.gif
mb911
Oscar says we will likely see the pictures of my mods over the next week or so..

I will be doing a few more of these over the next few week's if anyone else wants to get this done the last 2 week's of the year I am off my day job and will get these done for folks..
wes
The end of the year just might work for me!
ValcoOscar
Pictures as promised!!!! beerchug.gif beer.gif beer3.gif piratenanner.gif drunk.gif
to @mb911

Sorry...pics don't them justice.

I should have taken pics outdoors.

Oscar

[attachment
id=675157] Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=675
161]Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
Looks fantastic. I can see your reflection in it and everything. Reminds me of the guy selling tea kettles on ebay laugh.gif
mepstein
Wow!
mb911
Wow looks great..
wes
All i can say is WOW amazing work Ben and chrome work! Now that’s another touch I’ve gotta have.
ValcoOscar
In addition, gotta thank Jim @Lucky9146 !!!

I first noticed this exact mod on his front bumper back when his car was on jack stands.

Thank you Jim. beerchug.gif

Oscar
mb911
@ValcoOscar these bumpers turned out so well.. Very impressed..

Larmo63
Rob Sime's car has this mod done by McMark..... smilie_pokal.gif
tyfighter123
Hey Ben, Can I send you a bumper to have this mod done? Also @Ocsar will you be doing another group buy chrome service?

Thanks guys!

Tyler
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Nov 16 2018, 08:21 PM) *

Hey Ben, Can I send you a bumper to have this mod done? Also @Ocsar will you be doing another group buy chrome service?

Thanks guys!

Tyler

Yes Tyler...Until further notice I AM holding GB re-chrome pricing for any of Ben's GT mod bumpers.

Oscar
mb911
QUOTE(tyfighter123 @ Nov 16 2018, 08:21 PM) *

Thanks guys!

Tyler

@tyfighter123 yes absolutely. Happy to do it.
wes
Ben, need to get this bumper boxed up for shipping but I’m ready for your artistic GT handy work when ever you would like. I’m also getting that final chrome touch by Oscar.
mb911
QUOTE(wes @ Nov 17 2018, 06:08 PM) *

Ben, need to get this bumper boxed up for shipping but I’m ready for your artistic GT handy work when ever you would like. I’m also getting that final chrome touch by Oscar.

@wes

I am ready when ever you are..
mb911
I have 4 prepped for welding..

@ValcoOscar gets credit for precutting the one huge opening for a v8.. Click to view attachment
wes
My excitement is building. Ah but just realized that after Ben and Oscar are done with there combined beautiful craft work my perfectly good rear bumper is not going to have that gorgeous deep shiny look. Next!
mb911
I have one more bumper coming in and then received my 1st GT bumper back last night.. Looks great..
mb911
Here is Oscar's 1st bumper done. This is a huge cut out for maybe a v8 car? Either way looks good. Click to view attachment
914Sixer
I got to thinking about this modification and wondered if instead of the oil cooler you went with a modified air conditioning unit. No holes cut in the trunk pan, no water scoop. It would be up front like the 911SC condenser.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 28 2018, 08:25 AM) *

Here is Oscar's 1st bumper done. This is a huge cut out for maybe a v8 car? Either way looks good. Click to view attachment

All I can say beer.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif drunk.gif cheer.gif aktion035.gif first.gif

Yes, for my LSV8 car...

Oscar
mb911
Oscars 2nd bumper is done. I think I have 1 more bumper that maybe getting chromed so will ship all 3 to you Oscar.
mb911
All of Oscar's and Wes bumpers are done.. Shipping today. Click to view attachment
mb911
Tiefghters bumper is done.. Off to Oscar shortly for chroming.. 1 left to do and then maybe valance will be next?Click to view attachment
mepstein
idea.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 19 2018, 02:57 PM) *

idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif idea.gif beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif beer3.gif
beerchug.gif
mb911
Received all of Marks valances so will start working that. Also now own 3 core bumpers so if anyone is looking to have a bumper done and doesn't want to use the one on the car I can help with that..

Chi-town
Any non-chrome bumpers done?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jan 4 2019, 04:03 PM) *

Here is one Ben did for me recently that I painted today...installing it tomorrow.

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

mepstein
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 4 2019, 11:00 PM) *

Here is one Ben did for me recently that I painted today...installing it tomorrow.

beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

That’s what I’m going for on my GT build.
echocanyons
Would you consider doing a steel version of the bottom portion with a flare for the fender?
I assume that you would use a stock piece and modify it?
mb911

@chi-town I can make you one easy enough..

@echocanyons yes that will happen but will take some time to develop a procedure etc.
mb911
3 ready for me to finish to your specs.. These are available for purchase outright or send me yours for modifications. Click to view attachment
mb911
Still have some available.. Let me know who needs one.
mb911
Spring sale to move a few of these. $400 you provide the bumper amd $550 I provide a bumper..
mb911
Ps that is without chroming.
wes
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 1 2019, 03:01 PM) *

Good you added the “without chroming” it sounded to good to be true. I almost ordered another one and I haven’t another car to even put it on.
Any progress on the matching GT valance?
mb911
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 1 2019, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 1 2019, 03:01 PM) *

Good you added the “without chroming” it sounded to good to be true. I almost ordered another one and I haven’t another car to even put it on.
Any progress on the matching GT valance?

@wes no progress yet. Just so busy with day job/kids /business/and working on my car.. It's on my radar.
mb911
All of my cores are spoken for but 1.. Let me know who needs one made up and I can handle the chroming and even bumper tops if needed.
mb911
Still offering this service but NO chroming offered unless I can find someone local to chrome.. Oscar's source does great work but neither he nor I can control time frame..
mb911
I have enough material to do 2 more of these.. I will offer the last 2 up for 350 1st come 1st serve..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.