Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross at El Toro - Sunday 9/16
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
yeahmag
Evan and I will be out at El Toro beating up on more expensive hardware this Sunday. Got my brake bias sorted and the car feels good. Hoping for first in class, first in BRI, and a Top 5 raw time.

http://www.pcaocr.com/?page=1&e=6081
914 Ranch
Hey Aaron, did you get any pictures?
yeahmag
I did! Unfortunately a $1.68 valve cover gasket was my undoing. We tried really hard to make something work, but no luck.

Vision Motorsports did everything they could to make the little car go, but alas, the gasket couldn’t be saved.

The car fought me all day with large suspension and shock changes needing to be made from the San Pedro setup. In the end a $1.68 gasket was its undoing.

The PCA OCR crew who were able to clean up my mess and get the track going again.

Hopefully we can all agree that the car was angry that Evan Fullerton wasn’t there. Therefore, I think we can all agree this is all his fault.

Click to view attachment
yeahmag
My car had one last "F U" for me yesterday. Been battling a nasty cold since the race. Dragged my sorry ass out of bed to pick up the kids after school and was welcomed by a huge oil slick running down the driveway.

My driveway has some slope to it and my dry sump tank is relatively tall. As such, I have a 1/4 turn valve that I use to keep the tank from filling the case. I forgot to throw the valve and it did it's normal thing of filling the motor up. I've never actually had a problem with this, but if you have a non existent valve cover gasket it all comes out.

Needless to say, I'm now running all new cork based gaskets...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.