Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No brake lights!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cooper951
So I took the teener for inspection this morning and no brake lights. That's the bad news. The good news is no one has slammed into me from the rear up to this point. Since I doubt it is a bulb issue, where to start? Is there a brake light switch, and where is it located? TIA.
914Sixer
Check lever on pedal cluster. Can't remember if it is over or under washer though. Thinking under. Check to if 2 wires plugged in.
Localboy808
QUOTE(cooper951 @ Sep 14 2018, 09:38 AM) *

So I took the teener for inspection this morning and no brake lights. That's the bad news. The good news is no one has slammed into me from the rear up to this point. Since I doubt it is a bulb issue, where to start? Is there a brake light switch, and where is it located? TIA.

Funny I have the same issue right now. Havent had the time to really get into figuring it out yet. The switch is at the master cylinder. Wire going into it and wire leaving it. I have no voltage at the switch so I need to break out a schematic and see where that 12v comes from. I think it gets it from the fuse panel.
carking1996
I think the fuse is #7 or #8 around there. Controls cluster, brake light switch, turn signals (I think).
barefoot
Funny I have the same issue right now. Havent had the time to really get into figuring it out yet. The switch is at the master cylinder. Wire going into it and wire leaving it. I have no voltage at the switch so I need to break out a schematic and see where that 12v comes from. I think it gets it from the fuse panel.
[/quote]

The switch on the master cylinder is not the brake light switch, it's a safety switch to show bad master cylinder.
the brake light switch is in the cockpit in behind the pedal board and has a lever that the brake pedal actuates.
rhodyguy
Get a Haynes manual. The switch, how it it is installed and how to adjust it is all there.
TheCabinetmaker
Yeah, check fuse#8. Then buy a Haynes manual, as above! And do a Google search with the question followed by 914 world. Us old farts have answered these q's a thousand times and it's all on this forum. Just search
cooper951
Thanks all!
dirk2056
QUOTE(cooper951 @ Sep 14 2018, 01:27 PM) *

Thanks all!

smile.gif Check the ground wires if they are crossed or switched I chased this for a month!!
Localboy808
[quote name='barefoot' date='Sep 14 2018, 11:43 AM' post='2648806']
[/quote]

The switch on the master cylinder is not the brake light switch, it's a safety switch to show bad master cylinder.
the brake light switch is in the cockpit in behind the pedal board and has a lever that the brake pedal actuates.
[/quote]
Thanks for the correction! I forgot that! Now I know where to start looking!

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.