Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Champion Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GeorgeRud
Though I don’t think it would affect most of us, it seems that there was a major scam by a salesman at Champion Porsche where he was taking big deposits for desirable cars (911R, GT3, GT4) but not actually placing the orders. He would have deposits wired to an account named Champion Autosport, and then disappear with the funds. Looks like a lot of folks got burned, and shows it’s always good to be aware and careful.
FlacaProductions
This piece lays it all out. Wow.
http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a-vp-at...-buyer-deposits
dirk2056
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 14 2018, 12:50 PM) *

WTF.gif insurance ?????
mb911
Crazy.. I am not at that level of buying and never will be but kind of sounds like a wolf of wall street type of thing..

The nice thing is the there are few 914 owners that work like this. I think of all the good people here that are always willing to help out.

GeorgeRud
Assuming that Champion Porsche didn’t know of the scam, I feel bad for them as I’m sure their reputation will be damaged. Whether there is insurance for employee dishonesty is a good question to ask some insurance folks.
carr914
Champion was about to be acquired since Majaj died. Idon't know what happens now
73-914
this is why we have 357 Magnums
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 14 2018, 04:04 PM) *

Assuming that Champion Porsche didn’t know of the scam, I feel bad for them as I’m sure their reputation will be damaged. Whether there is insurance for employee dishonesty is a good question to ask some insurance folks.

There’s another suit filed against the same employee - he was keeping markups for himself, Champion is also named in the suit. Ignorance is no longer an excuse, this is plain and simple mismanagement at the executive level, I hope all the buyers get their money back.
pete000
Sounds like a great episode for "American Greed"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.