Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjmohler
hello, I am in so. cal and am in need of an untinted windshield for a 914 project. Does anyone know of a local source? The only ones that I have found so far have the tinted shade band.
wes
QUOTE(jjmohler @ Sep 14 2018, 01:26 PM) *

hello, I am in so. cal and am in need of an untinted windshield for a 914 project. Does anyone know of a local source? The only ones that I have found so far have the tinted shade band.

I bought mine at the local Porsche dealership. I think it’s a better windshield.
Pro Source also has them I think clear and tinted but you need too check, not sure of the thickness or quality. Check the internet for location near you.
Coondog
Try Vince, 760 600-6297. Hesperia, not going to be new. He has lots of 914 parts and is a good guy.
larryM
fyi

http://bestpriceautoglassinc.com/

these folks are similar to my local supplier "low price auto glass" where i just got one 2 weeks ago (Rocklin)

they all get the same glass from only 2 current mfgrs & only a couple west coast jobbers one of which is "mygrant" https://www.mygrantglassonline.com/

first - my local guy said "they don't make it anymore"

- but then he found 2 tinted & 1 clear in inventory in CA - so i said "get it" (i like tinted)

( the clear one was in either Bakersfield or SJC iirc) (my tinted was in SJC)

fwiw - my cost for the windshield uninstalled was $185 - I paid another $140 for the install (after i removed the alu trim myself cuz they don't wanna touch it) - they did a beautiful job!

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Your Porsche dealer is the best place, primarily because you avoid paying expensive shipping. PLUS it is better quality than the Chinese ones sold out there.
jjmohler
Thanks for the replies and the input. You have given me several good options.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.