Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjmohler
hello, I am in so. cal and am in need of an untinted windshield for a 914 project. Does anyone know of a local source? The only ones that I have found so far have the tinted shade band.
76-914
Call Richard at ProSource Glass. He may know of one near.
EDIT: I couldn't locate his number offhand. Just send him a pm. He is a member and goes by "ProSource Glass".
injunmort
safelite
Tom_T
IIRC ProSource may still have some of both types in the OEM Sekkurit (??) that they carry, which they can ship to SoCal - tinted (no band) & non-tinted.

If you can't get it ProSource, try the closest Porsche Dealer - Desert, Walters/Riverside or whatever you prefer (you may want to go online to Sunset Porsche OR to get a quote with shipping from OR for bargaining power).

The P-dealers still sell them, just specify the clear or tinted flavor, since the OE ones never have the shade band, only aftermarket.

IIRC it's those cheaper Chinese XYZ aftermarket ones that are sold with the shade bands (back in the day PPG & some others also sold shade band type, which you'll see on older 914s like mine!).

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.