Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Buckets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xperu
Hi All. Yesterday I changed a headlight and found my headlight bucket drains were plugged and debris was backing up. I take care of my car, but have forgotten this area. Just a heads up if you haven't checked lately, it could be a rust problem in the making. Mike Kelly
burton73
Parking outside a car can pick up leaves and pine needles. They can get caught up in the area by the windshield vent as well as the headlight buckets. Dirt and old leaves make a place to hold moisture for a longer time and that can make rust over the years. I think today most 914s that are restored will never see the type of use that the cars got back in the day as daily drivers. I thought nothing of parking my 74 out under a tree back in 78.

Moisture in the front hood seal made problems in the area by the headlight buckets as well.

Bob B
headbang.gif
xperu
I agree in part Bob, but new member come on board not knowing the potential problem. Mike Kelly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.