Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question about engine tin!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeInMunich
Hallo!

We’re missing two pieces for the engine tin which run from fronts to rear on both sides and are attached to the two pieces which cover the heads, which are 2,0 liter. Usually these pieces are attached!

We want to install the engine ASAP!

Question: Is it possible to swap out these pieces while the engine is installed? If so, we would use the pieces picture here and then put in others which have the side pieces attached, as they usually are? Apparently this engine from Mike Blizzard may have been in a bus(??)

Thanks!

M.i.M.
falcor75
Yes its possible to swap them in the car but its a PITA.

From the angles of the sparkplug holes they look like 914 2.0 tins that may have been modified?
Mblizzard
Mike - These tins were just essentially scrap parts I had that I put on the long block for shipping. Not sure you would want to run these too long as the air flow would be questionable. I put on as may parts on the long block as I had but it was not every part needed.

I have swapped out the tins with the engine in and it is not too hard but its not fun either as all of the intake has to come off. !
PanelBilly
Leave them on. Too much work after he engine is installed.
TheCabinetmaker
Get the proper tins before you put anything else back on. Those are not the right tins. If you do it later you will have to remove the complete intake. You don't want to run the engine with those tins. They lack the shelf that separates hot bottom air and cool top side air. Do it once, do it right!
MikeInMunich
Thanks guys!

We were lucky to get the complete tins with the shelf yesterday so the engine is going in TODAY! aktion035.gif

M.i.M.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.