Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributor Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sjhenry1075
I'm in the process of changing my points and the condenser; however, I am unable to find that 13mm bolt to remove the distributor. Can someone please tell me where this thing is located? I feel like an idiot asking this, but I don't see a bolt.

Thank you!
DRPHIL914
the retainer that holds the distributor is on a ring like thing at the base of it and it sticks out laterally , might be hidden under the vac can, but I think its 8mm or 9mm not 13- once you loosen that you should be able to just lift it out.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 17 2018, 11:27 AM) *

the retainer that holds the distributor is on a ring like thing at the base of it and it sticks out laterally , might be hidden under the vac can, but I think its 8mm or 9mm not 13- once you loosen that you should be able to just lift it out.

Excellent, thank you!
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 17 2018, 10:27 AM) *

No! The nut that mounts the ring to the case is 13mm. The adjustment lock nut is 10mm. You have to loosen the 10mm nut and turn the diz clockwise to expose the mount nut. There is a washer on the bottom of the shaft. Pull the diz out slowly and make sure the washer is with the shaft. if not, use a magnet to retrieve it. It can fall in the crankcase and that's very bad. Put that washer somewhere safe and don't lose it. It must go back on. A little axle grease will hold it in place while installing the diz.
sjhenry1075
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Sep 17 2018, 12:26 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 17 2018, 10:27 AM) *

No! The nut that mounts the ring to the case is 13mm. The adjustment lock nut is 10mm. You have to loosen the 10mm nut and turn the diz clockwise to expose the mount nut. There is a washer on the bottom of the shaft. Pull the diz out slowly and make sure the washer is with the shaft. if not, use a magnet to retrieve it. It can fall in the crankcase and that's very bad. Put that washer somewhere safe and don't lose it. It must go back on. A little axle grease will hold it in place while installing the diz.

Thank you for this information. I thought I had read that it was 13mm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.