Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help locating a few misc parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
Anyone know who carries the black plastic door sill plugs? I tried 914Rubber, AA, PP and Sierra Madre, but nothing show up on their sites.

Click to view attachment

I am also looking for the backing nuts that hold the engine deck grille to the support metal.

And one last item also are the plastic plugs that go in the floor of the rear trunk. IF anyone has a line on those please let me know. The car is getting put back together so I need to get replacements for the missing or damaged in the tear down

TIA

Franz
mepstein
There is not a door sill plug. It’s the PO’s tomfoolery sad.gif
914Sixer
That's looks like an old Zabart plug in the door sill
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 19 2018, 01:25 PM) *

That's looks like an old Zabart plug in the door sill

agree.gif that’s to bad.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
the picture IS of a Zeibart rush hole plug, never a factory part and too bad someone drilled a brand new 914 like that!!!! When we restore these drilled 914s we end up with a lot of welding time closing these holes.

We have all of the other plugs, in the rear trunk, the three of them, and the factory correct rubber engine lid fasteners. (same ones used on the engine grille lettering
dr914@autoatlanta.com
really nice color!!!!!

QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 19 2018, 09:45 AM) *

Anyone know who carries the black plastic door sill plugs? I tried 914Rubber, AA, PP and Sierra Madre, but nothing show up on their sites.

Click to view attachment

I am also looking for the backing nuts that hold the engine deck grille to the support metal.

And one last item also are the plastic plugs that go in the floor of the rear trunk. IF anyone has a line on those please let me know. The car is getting put back together so I need to get replacements for the missing or damaged in the tear down

TIA

Franz

drem914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 19 2018, 10:41 AM) *

the picture IS of a Zeibart rush hole plug, never a factory part and too bad someone drilled a brand new 914 like that!!!! When we restore these drilled 914s we end up with a lot of welding time closing these holes.

We have all of the other plugs, in the rear trunk, the three of them, and the factory correct rubber engine lid fasteners. (same ones used on the engine grille lettering

No wonder the plugs did not show up on any diagrams. Thanks for the input on the fasteners, I will have to see if I can plug the holes. 3 on each sill. The sills may have already been painted. Yes it was an original zebart from the dealer (It came in in Chicago.) If I can't I will have to find another supplier for the plugs. I'll let my painter know.
drem914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 19 2018, 10:41 AM) *
really nice color!!!!!
Thanks. Ancona Blue and getting resprayed the same. The painter was just getting to the sills when he told me he needed replacement plugs.
FlacaProductions
Check with a local paintless dent removal guy to see if they have a suitable size plug. They sometimes drill to create access to panels they can't get to any other way...
drem914
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 19 2018, 05:27 PM) *

Check with a local paintless dent removal guy to see if they have a suitable size plug. They sometimes drill to create access to panels they can't get to any other way...

Thanks for the suggestion.
raynekat
On Ebay you should be able to find the right size of one of these....rubber grommets without holes. Can't make this sh_t up. Search on Ebay and you'll find them. Install like a normal grommet. Will seal better than a plastic plug too.
drem914
QUOTE(raynekat @ Sep 19 2018, 09:07 PM) *

On Ebay you should be able to find the right size of one of these....rubber grommets without holes. Can't make this sh_t up. Search on Ebay and you'll find them. Install like a normal grommet. Will seal better than a plastic plug too.

Great suggestion and they sure do have a lot availble on ebay.
drem914
Sills have not been painted yet, so the painter will be metal plugging the holes today and do some prime and sanding tomorrow before the last painting. everything else is painted and just teh sills are left. I'll see the car tomorrow and post some pictures in my other restoration thread.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=331401&hl=

Thank you to the knowledgeable members on site for all the info and assist along the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.