Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: glove box liner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JFG
as a fair few others my liner is broken, i've searched but it serms they're not re made by anyone.

Click to view attachment

i'm going to have a go at repairing

if i can't i think i'll fit a plate behind the door and fit a modern radio, leaving the original in place for aesthetics.
914Sixer
Just put a WTB in the Classified. Lots of cheap extras floating around.
JFG
after a thorough soaking in hot water i managed to reshape it.

then i started with the fibre glass sheets and filler. thought i had sanding discs but don't so this is it gor now

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
QUOTE(JFG @ Sep 20 2018, 04:12 AM) *

as a fair few others my liner is broken, i've searched but it serms they're not re made by anyone.

Click to view attachment

if i can't i think i'll fit a plate behind the door and fit a modern radio, leaving the original in place for aesthetics.

Not yet, but will be.
There are 2 versions. biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 21 2018, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(JFG @ Sep 20 2018, 04:12 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Not yet, but will be.
There are 2 versions. biggrin.gif

That's great. Most of mine are trashed.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there are PLENTY of good used ones 72-76 out there, but we are going to make the early 70 71 variety out of fiberglass and flock them like the originals.
JFG
i think the cost for shipping and packing securely would make it unviable economically for me to buy one. i'm confident i should get a decent enough liner done. it is a hidden box so wom't affect any look of the interior.
Mikey914
Veorge we should talk both are in process now.
Mark
Ours will be $40
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.