Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield order from Prosource.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HansJan
It’s a long shot (I know).
But just checking if anyone here is interested in purchasing a windshield from prosource.
I’m about to order a Sekurit windshield. Shipping cost is 40% of the price.

If anyone is interested in purchasing together, it would drastically reduce this expense.
I’m in the Houston TX area.

Br,
aharder
Check with your local dealer. by the time you add the crating fee and shipping you will be very close to the cost of an OEM.
HansJan
QUOTE(aharder @ Sep 20 2018, 10:03 AM) *

Check with your local dealer. by the time you add the crating fee and shipping you will be very close to the cost of an OEM.

You are totally correct.
However, I’m looking to install a green tinted window. Porsche dealers sells clear glass only.

Thanks for chiming in.

Br,
TonyA
QUOTE(HansJan @ Sep 20 2018, 10:32 AM) *

It’s a long shot (I know).
But just checking if anyone here is interested in purchasing a windshield from prosource.
I’m about to order a Sekurit windshield. Shipping cost is 40% of the price.

If anyone is interested in purchasing together, it would drastically reduce this expense.
I’m in the Houston TX area.

Br,

Just wondering from where do they ship?
76-914
QUOTE(HansJan @ Sep 20 2018, 08:08 AM) *

QUOTE(aharder @ Sep 20 2018, 10:03 AM) *

You are totally correct.
However, I’m looking to install a green tinted window. Porsche dealers sells clear glass only.

Thanks for chiming in.

Br,

Smart! I did the same as you last spring. Took a few months to find someone to split it with. You'll have enough left over lumbar from the crating to build a small playhouse. Top notch crating job! beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, because of the shipping costs buy a factory genuine one from the dealer, higher quality, fit better, not very much more in price, available in clear and tinted

QUOTE(aharder @ Sep 20 2018, 08:03 AM) *

HansJan
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 20 2018, 11:02 AM) *

I agree, because of the shipping costs buy a factory genuine one from the dealer, higher quality, fit better, not very much more in price, available in clear and tinted

I went to dealer. Price is about same as prosource+shipping ($5xx).
However they only have clear.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we just got six tinted from them 450 each

QUOTE(HansJan @ Sep 20 2018, 09:13 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 20 2018, 11:02 AM) *

I went to dealer. Price is about same as prosource+shipping ($5xx).
However they only have clear.

michael7810
If you haven’t check with Prosource, maybe they have a non-Porsche customer in your area.
scallyk9
I've separately purchased two windshields from Prosource; one tinted Sekurit 914 and one Merkur. Both were shipped with Alfa Romeo windshields to Alfa repair facilities, arranged by Prosource, at a low shipping cost. Quality and fit on both was excellent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.