Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: head light switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
imapayne
My 75 1.8 914 is finally coming together but headlight switch is killing me. on the back pins are marked but not sure which wire goes where. I have the nice plastic wire sche and Haynes manuel but its not much help. Thanks Imapayeb
ClayPerrine
Nice engine, but somehow I don't think it came from a 914. biggrin.gif

porschetub
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 21 2018, 07:13 AM) *

Nice engine, but somehow I don't think it came from a 914. biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif they seem to end up in them however.
Go to Jeff Bowlsby's website heeps of info on there,thanks to Jeff his wiring diagrams have been a huge help to me.
There are 2 types of switches early and late,from memory one has 10pins and the other 11,good luck.
JeffBowlsby
You will need to use the FWSM schematics to get the wiring straight. Each model year is different.
imapayne
Im sorry but what is the FWSM sche. how do i change that pic lol
imapayne
thats betterClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(imapayne @ Sep 20 2018, 04:24 PM) *

OOOOOOHHHHHH..... Pretty!!!!!!!!
jcd914
QUOTE(imapayne @ Sep 20 2018, 01:42 PM) *

FWSM - Factory Workshop Service Manual
There used to be the factory diagrams on the Pelican Part website but then the links were broken, not sure if they got fixed. What year is your car?

You can always go back to your original post and edit it, look at the bottom right corner of the post for the "Edit" button.

Jim
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Sep 20 2018, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(imapayne @ Sep 20 2018, 01:42 PM) *

FWSM - Factory Workshop Service Manual
There used to be the factory diagrams on the Pelican Part website but then the links were broken, not sure if they got fixed. What year is your car?

You can always go back to your original post and edit it, look at the bottom right corner of the post for the "Edit" button.

Jim

You can still find them in the internet archive... aka the wayback machine.

imapayne
Ive never heard of the way back machine but would love to use. Can someone point me to a work around so i can use it Thanks
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(imapayne @ Sep 22 2018, 06:21 PM) *

Ive never heard of the way back machine but would love to use. Can someone point me to a work around so i can use it Thanks

Internet Archive, AKA The Wayback Machine

Find the dead link on Pelican's site, then open it from a couple of years ago on the Wayback machine.
imapayne
can anyone tell me what pins on the switch are power? and other pins i have the running lights figured out.Click to view attachment its the first light switch
JeffBowlsby
Here you go. This is only correct for the 1975 cars.
porschetub
Jeff to the rescue,well done ,I bypassed the dimmer control as I have had two fail,it not like you would use it as on maximum it's not great ,if you go to LED lamps you can't use it anyway,LED lamps are a good cheap upgrade and worth doing,cheers.
imapayne
Thanks That did it.
imapayne
Its alive pulled injectors flushed reinstalled pulled dist adjusted points reinstalled fixed vacuum leaks with a cornwell leak detector which smoke leaks. Used on leaking gas on new cars. And it purrs like a kitten. Ill show photos after upholstery install.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.