Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did I loan you my multi-meter at Okteenerfest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
My Extech multi-meter didn't make it home with me. I may have loaned it out, but not sure.
IronHillRestorations
Bump!
bdstone914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 21 2018, 12:03 PM) *

Bump!

If you could get the list of screen names of those that attended you could list each in this post with the @ sign so they would each get a notification.

You can leave out bdstone914. It was not me. I had my "trusty" Harbor Freight multimeter one.

@IronHillRestorations

Bills914-4
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 20 2018, 09:52 PM) *

My Extech multi-meter didn't make it home with me. I may have loaned it out, but not sure.

I vaguely remember seeing someone saturday morning during car show testing someones car with a tester , I'm terrible with names , hell even faces half the
time biggrin.gif , so I couldn't say who , barely remembered that moment (someone testing someones car) I hope this helps (maybe jog the memory ) , Bill D.

p.s. sorry might be wrong moment & time sad.gif ,
IronHillRestorations
With OMD my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be. Mine has is orange.

I think I remember someone coming over to me at the parking lot Thur or Friday night asking about a meter, and I let him take mine. If it was a cheapo I wouldn't worry about it. I'll blame it on @ClayPerrine just because Rusty kinda made it open season smile.gif
76-914
This bothers me. Why in the Hell can't someone remember to return a tool they borrowed. This speaks volumes towards character. mad.gif On a funny note; when I was 22 I worked with this very distinguished senior who couldn't remember which of his friends borrowed his skill saw. He ended up writing to each of his cronies "Will you please return my skill saw that you borrowed." To his amazement he received 2 in the following weeks. av-943.gif
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 22 2018, 07:32 AM) *

This bothers me. Why in the Hell can't someone remember to return a tool they borrowed. This speaks volumes towards character. mad.gif On a funny note; when I was 22 I worked with this very distinguished senior who couldn't remember which of his friends borrowed his skill saw. He ended up writing to each of his cronies "Will you please return my skills that you borrowed." To his amazement he received 2 in the following weeks. av-943.gif

It happens, and I understand in the confusion surrounding an event. There's worse things that can happen. I just don't want to get a replacement, and then a week later get an email or message saying "so sorry, where do I send it"
michael7810
It ain’t me. I was using my cheap-ass HF multimeter in the parking lot Sat afternoon fixing my headlights.
It could be in someone’s car or toolkit and they don’t know it.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 22 2018, 07:51 AM) *

It ain’t me. I was using my cheap-ass HF multimeter in the parking lot Sat afternoon fixing my headlights.

I've got a HF for a backup, but mine seems to eat batteries.

I'm guessing the same thing on having it without knowing. Taking time off, and then having to get back to the grind, I'll bet some folks don't fully unpack the car for a week smile.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 22 2018, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Sep 22 2018, 07:51 AM) *

I've got a HF for a backup, but mine seems to eat batteries.

I'm guessing the same thing on having it without knowing. Taking time off, and then having to get back to the grind, I'll bet some folks don't fully unpack the car for a week smile.gif

You know the HF unit has an ON/OFF switch right? av-943.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 22 2018, 09:19 AM) *

I think I remember someone coming over to me at the parking lot Thur or Friday night asking about a meter, and I let him take mine. If it was a cheapo I wouldn't worry about it. I'll blame it on @ClayPerrine just because Rusty kinda made it open season smile.gif

What in the hell are you blaming me for???? I didn't even know you had a multi-meter with you until I saw this thread.

IronHillRestorations
Take it easy, it was a joke OK?
bdstone914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 22 2018, 12:53 PM) *

Maybe get the list of emails from Bob S and send the email please return my multi meter and see how many you get ? happy11.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 22 2018, 02:53 PM) *

I know. I was replying to your joke with faux outrage.

biggrin.gif
black73
The Ballad of Perry's Multi Meter...
euro911
agree.gif with Kent.

I'm still missing a set of specialty Craftsman sockets (the kind for removing rounded head nuts & bolts), and my vintage Weber carburetor tech book.

I know who borrowed them, but they claim they gave them back and don't have them.

I called Bull stromberg.gif ... and don't loan out tools any more.

I hope you get your meter back, Perry.
IronHillRestorations
Bump it again! I really would like to get it back. If I had Bob and Bill's user name I'd tag them to see if they had any clue to the mystery.

Could be another 914 related song cover??

This one goes out to my meter gone...
burton73
To all the meters I have loved before,

Bob B
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would blame it on Rusty because although today he is an honorable man, back in prep school and college several have recently accused him of actually taking liberties with multimeters, and using them to help him with his electrical problems

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 22 2018, 07:19 AM) *

Blue6
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 25 2018, 07:34 AM) *

I would blame it on Rusty because although today he is an honorable man, back in prep school and college several have recently accused him of actually taking liberties with multimeters, and using them to help him with his electrical problems

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 22 2018, 07:19 AM) *

av-943.gif
11tenths
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 22 2018, 07:15 PM) *

biggrin.gif

"faux outrage"... is that like being "wheely" upset?

_Harry
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(11tenths @ Sep 25 2018, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 22 2018, 07:15 PM) *

biggrin.gif

"faux outrage"... is that like being "wheely" upset?

_Harry

I think i am getting "tired" of this.
euro911
IronHillRestorations
I really need to "meter" my responses to this thread...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we men are not good at mulitmetering, you are forgiven

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 25 2018, 09:58 AM) *

I really need to "meter" my responses to this thread...

bandjoey
av-943.gif av-943.gif

Not Me Neither
seanery
I actually got a really nice MultiMeter from Rusty once...I use it almost daily, still! =D
euro911
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 25 2018, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 25 2018, 05:32 AM) *
Bump it again! I really would like to get it back. If I had Bob and Bill's user name I'd tag them to see if they had any clue to the mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/lYi0NjS1JWU

Oh where oh where can my - meter be?
I wish someone - would return it to me
I loaned it out and I want it back now
So I can sleep at night, and know my meter's - safe and sound
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 25 2018, 10:09 AM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 25 2018, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 25 2018, 05:32 AM) *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/lYi0NjS1JWU

Oh where oh where can my - meter be?
I wish someone - would return it to me
I loaned it out and I want it back now
So I can sleep at night, and know my meter's - safe and sound

This is great! I was just going to post about the same lines.
"Last Kiss" was the first song I memorized all the lyrics.
get off my lawn
BEST. SONG. EVAR.
That ladies and gentlemen, is what a bass line is supposed to sound like. No, not the fish.

I always thought that Clay guy seemed kinda shifty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.