Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914 original paint survivor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
SOLD
Thanks!

Owners manual, warranty and service booklet, Porsche COA with matching engine number, original bill of sale and some service records included.

I have a very nice and very original 1970 914 to sell for my customer. s/n 4702908463 Showing 55,000 but is not the correct mileage. This car has it’s original Irish green paint! And, except for the battery tray top, it is totally rust free. No previous crashes and shows a lifetime of excellent care and maintenance. The underside is excellent with no rust anywhere. It runs and drives great. Has heat, original radio, tools, the spare tire is original, very nice original tan interior. There is an accumulation of small dings and dents that could be addressed by a paintless dent removal person. $13,500. Drive it home!
IronHillRestorations
Nice! Early cars have a cool quality I like
poorsche914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 21 2018, 05:31 PM) *

agree.gif
Very nice survivor!
Hope it finds a good home.

driving.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 21 2018, 05:31 PM) *

agree.gif
johnhora
Wow Brad...that is a really nice one....look at that rear trunk....even the serial number shows up...and those great body color bumpers!
orthobiz
I love to see those original paper recall stickers typically placed somewhere in the front trunk. Survivor original paint cars rule! As do paintless dent guys...
And the rear valance with the hole in it...aaahhhhhh.....

Paul
914ltd
I now have a lot of pictures I can send to someone interested. Attached are a few of the bottom side.
914ltd
Some notes worth adding:
We did a reseal on the engine (requiring dropping the engine), replaced transaxle input seal, replaced tune up parts (with Bosch), and adjusted valves 1500 miles ago. All of the heat parts are complete, intact and in good condition. Bilstein shocks are on the car currently. All 4 brake hoses and at least, the rear calipers have been replaced (PMB) This is a strong running and driving 914!

I also have an exceptionally nice, original muffler and tailpipe available for sale.
914ltd

Bump
This is a really solid car that drives nice. Brad
sithot
The rear valence! I remember the exhaust tip on mine rattling against that 44 years ago! biggrin.gif
GLWS.
orthobiz
Original paint cars are THE BOMB. If you buy this, get the dentless guy working on it and it will be a lovely driver. My 1971 white car has flawless surfaces and I love all the little paint imperfections, like signs the the car had a life and has scars and blems that give it the sought after patina. Like a barn find without the barn! (I don't even know that that means but it sounded good).

Paul
era vulgaris
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Oct 22 2018, 04:54 PM) *

Original paint cars are THE BOMB. If you buy this, get the dentless guy working on it and it will be a lovely driver. My 1971 white car has flawless surfaces and I love all the little paint imperfections, like signs the the car had a life and has scars and blems that give it the sought after patina. Like a barn find without the barn! (I don't even know that that means but it sounded good).

Paul

Well, I tried to buy it a few weeks ago! biggrin.gif I've been looking for a 70-71 non-appearance group base model for a while. Unfortunately we couldn't reach an agreement on price.
Even my girlfriend liked this car, which is unusual because, except for Ghias which she loves, she's normally ambivalent about all the cars I've owned.

But yeah I agree, I love cars that have patina and "blems", and wear their history on their skin. It's also less worry on the road and in parking lots! laugh.gif
mepstein
In a couple years, I think we will look back at cars like this and wish we could still buy at this price. I love the early cars.
sholman5
Bump. A really nice entry level car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.