Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Day @ Rothsport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
Times they are a changing.
I'm working away on assembling a 1967 912 restoration.

My Next Projects :
I have the Carey's 914 race car sitting in the warehouse awaiting its new FAT motor drive train. Then Doug's car will get it's RS drive train. That's were I started the day.

Then a gentlemen arrives with a wide body yellow 914-6 conversion with CA. plates.
I don't pay much attention. I'm wrapping up freshly clear zinced parts. Come to find out he's the owner of the real 914-6 wide body that has been in storage at Rothsport for 14 years. The car that arrived from CA. was bought for its 3.6 engine, 915 gear box and all its suspension upgrades. So I'm told I'm stripping down the real 914-6 in preparation for a complete strip. While it's away I'll strip the donor car of all its toys. I won't say it's going to be a no expense spared build. But's it's getting 930 brakes for starters.

And yes the widebody tub/roller will be For Sale when I'm done with it.
Unless it's just too good to let slip thru my hands.

Then a another gentlemen stopped by and asked about getting his 2056 dyno'd and his 901 gear box freshened up. While the drain train is out the chassis might take a trip to MiddleMotors for some rust repairs.

Then unbeknownst to me another gentlemen stopped by and asked if we could give his 914 a little rally treatment.

Hmmmmm ..............

mb911
I think that just shows that this market will explode. I suppose I should look for a virgin rust free car to keep for the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.