Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What about a moment of silence?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
How about as a show of respect for ^EASTON^ and his family we have a couple of minutes time of no one posts on Thurs. June 23 at 3 PM P.S.T. at time of the feuneral?
spare time toys
A bunch of you have looked at this anyone have thoughts on this? confused24.gif
Jenny
Good idea. I'm sure everyone that's read this thinks so as well. But, there are plenty of people that won't read this, and will post during that time. It's murphy's law. And unintentionally, they will offend us. I think this may work best if the admins could disable any posting features and have something up that says it's a moment of silence for ^Easton^ and the Peters family. I'm not computer savy and have no idea how feasible this would be.

Just my $.02

Jen
spare time toys
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 16 2005, 08:52 PM)
Good idea. I'm sure everyone that's read this thinks so as well. But, there are plenty of people that won't read this, and will post during that time. It's murphy's law. And unintentionally, they will offend us. I think this may work best if the admins could disable any posting features and have something up that says it's a moment of silence for ^Easton^ and the Peters family. I'm not computer savy and have no idea how feasible this would be.

Just my $.02

Jen

Great idea I never thought of the Admins lock down thing. That would be super
michel richard
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 16 2005, 05:52 PM)
I think this may work best if the admins could disable any posting features and have something up that says it's a moment of silence for ^Easton^ and the Peters family.
Jen

Cound'nt put the "I agree" emoticon up, because it smiles. But I do agree.

tat2dphreak
absolutely, great idea!! 10 minutes of no posts? 30?

maybe the admins cah change the picture on the front page from a 914, to a pic of easton for the time?!
Jenny
^Easton^ is on the homepage.

Jen
iamchappy
I was thinking about this the other day and i think that shutting down the site for awhile would be very appropriate and a respectful way of showing our support for the Peters and honoring Easton for the brave little soldier he was.
sgomes
Great idea Jen. Way to tacky to start a poll on this but count my vote anyway. I know I'll log on to look at the picture of ^Easton^ and pause for a bit. I say 30 minutes of lockout. Funerals usually take about that long.
SirAndy
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Jun 16 2005, 08:30 PM)
I was thinking about this the other day and i think that shutting down the site for awhile would be very appropriate and a respectful way of showing our support for the Peters and honoring Easton for the brave little soldier he was.

i can shut it down and put up a splashpage ...

type.gif Andy
Jenny
if that's easy to do, Andy, I think that would be great.

Jen
elwood-914
This board rocks! You guys are great.
rick 918-S
Thanks sir andy! sad.gif That would be a wub.gif ing tribute.

Some of us will die that's for sure. We've had a life. If we wasted it it's our fault. But it's different for Children. In this day and age we think were so smart but we still know so little. It would be a nice time to think about ^ Easton^ and a nice time to think about what were doing to leave our mark. It would be a nice time to think about what we all can do for someone else in ^Easton's^ memory. Maybe something good He would have done in his life. That's nice. rolleyes.gif
TurtleGirl
I think this is a wonderful way to show continued support.

Just so I'm not being stupid... This will be 3:00 PST?
Mrs. K
I agree and think it would be a very nice show of support
to Steve and his family!

Thanks everyone who thought of this and can make it
happen.
We really are a family! pray.gif

Lisa wub.gif
Pugbug
agree.gif What a great idea.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Jenny @ Jun 16 2005, 10:22 PM)
^Easton^ is on the homepage.

Jen

ooops, I've been linking directly to the forum, sorry sad.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ Jun 17 2005, 12:35 AM)
I think this is a wonderful way to show continued support.

Just so I'm not being stupid... This will be 3:00 PST?

Yep west coast time. I think that is the time zone they are in IIRC
spare time toys
Any more thoughts on this? Is it a go?
Qarl
I think it's a go. Andy will shut down the server for 30 minutes. Steve and I will put together a little story about Easton for Andy to post along with Easton's picture.

There will only be a splash page for Easton on 914world.com for the 30 minute observance.

Regards,

Karl
Qarl
I've spoken to Steve Peters and he says this is a fine idea.

I have something in the works with SirAndy for the page while the club is down.

Thanks,

Qarl
Meredith
Good thinking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.