https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d...6705134767.html

Is this the deal of the century? ??

Or what am i getting into to sheeplove.gif
bumper2bumper
$18,600 ????????
Why aren't you running there to buy it.
Scam?
My 914
You never know with an old Porsche. Make sure you have extra funds in your checking account.
ValcoOscar
I have seen that car advertised locally for sometime but never followed up.
I say it should be checked out but don't go see it alone or carry $$.

You never know...

popcorn[1].gif
bdstone914
Who owns a Porsche and calls it a Target model? Get the vin and run it. Sounds suspiciuos.
jmitro
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 23 2018, 07:05 AM) *

Who owns a Porsche and calls it a Target model? Get the vin and run it. Sounds suspiciuos.

I'm guessing that was an autocorrect from an iPhone posting or something.

looks like a beautiful car
budk
I never trust ads that have a sob story....
Spoke
Nice car. The price looks like it's from about 5-10 years ago.
mepstein
Our shop bought a rusty 68 912 targa for 1K. It was a terrible ad and kept people away. I just bough a motorcycle from a guy who said " I know what it's worth and so should you". In the ad, he sounded like a dick, In person, he was a super nice guy and was asking a very reasonable number.I bought the bike. Gotta love when there's little or no competition.
nditiz1
If that is a true Carrera that is a deal of a lifetime. I seriously doubt it is still available. Also, just checked the contact info and it has a 240 area code which is a Maryland Area Code.

Before I bought my 911 Targa powered by a 914 motor, I saw a 78 911 pop up on craigs in DC 40 mins from my house. I quickly sent emails, texts, and carrier pigeon as it was an all original running with 70k on the clock single owner for $21k. The ad was taken down within 6 hours of posting as the gentleman was overwhelmed with calls. He did get back to me and I was going to take a look at it, but someone sent full payment before I got there. It was by no means the gem this looks to be. Even if that motor was toast the rolling chassis is worth about $20k -no rust or accidents and good paint

Bottom line an early 911 for under 25k in decent condition is a great deal. Under $20k is deal of the century.
Krieger
Go! Check it out. At the least you could flip it. I like the bring no cash idea. Seller can wait until tomorrow when you meet him at bank.
burton73
Logo,

What happened to the Mustang you wanted. Are you going over there? It is almost 10.00AM sun. You are the closest to there.

Bob B
bretth
There are lots of scam cars on Craigslist. There is a 914-6 listed right now in my area. Way to good to be true and it is still listed for weeks now. The cars are usually immaculate and when you contact them the response is vague and they are always "out of town right now" - hoping that someone will offer them money to 'hold' the car.

Brett
billh1963
It will be a scam. I've encountered a few of those lately. That flora in the pictures look so cal to you?

Usually the call goes to a google voicemail or something similar...then the games begin
914GT
No front license plate either. Aren’t those required in California?
thelogo
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 23 2018, 09:55 AM) *

Logo,

What happened to the Mustang you wanted. Are you going over there? It is almost 10.00AM sun. You are the closest to there.

Bob B

I couldn't secure the mustang in time and now it slated for the auction block , still an outside chance but doesn't look good .

I called the guy he is in san Gabriel ( FLORIDA ) WTF.gif

So thats a little to far outta my neighborhood. ... smoke.gif
jdamiano
QUOTE(thelogo @ Sep 23 2018, 02:15 PM) *

QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 23 2018, 09:55 AM) *

Logo,

Bob B

I couldn't secure the mustang in time and now it slated for the auction block , still an outside chance but doesn't look good .

I called the guy he is in san Gabriel ( FLORIDA ) WTF.gif

So thats a little to far outta my neighborhood. ... smoke.gif

Not city in Florida with that name I know of. California Florida look close on a Russian or African map.
pete000
Humm, Craigs List, I would take that ad with a grain of salt. More than likely just an email,phone number, and address hunter scammer.
porschetub
No one in their right mind would sell a car like this for that price,its about half what its worth,fairly rough ones with mechanical issues are selling for more than that.
Very dodgey...appears listed in LA but a Florida location,could well be another low life bottom feeder but worth checking confused24.gif .
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(914GT @ Sep 23 2018, 12:35 PM) *

No front license plate either. Aren’t those required in California?

Yes, many don’t run them though... including all my cars...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.