Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory Unilite Testing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Mallory Unilite Optical module PN# 605.
jim_hoyland
I want to test some optical modules I have by connecting my spare coil to a 12v power source; then connect the unlit module; red to coil +, green to coil - and brown to battery power source ground. Then follow the factory test procedure ( see next post )

So, am I overlooking anything ? Any ideas will be appreciated.
jim_hoyland
Here is the factory instruction,
1. Remove the cap and rotor. Turn ignition ON and test voltage at the NEGATIVE side of the coil. ( black lead of meter to ground and red lead of meter to coil NEGATIVE POST). Voltage should read 12 volts.
2. If better voltage is present, place a credit cars, drivers license, business card or sillier and block the photo optics of the module. The voltage should drop to 2 volts of less ( 1-2 volts). If this test is positive, then module is working.
3. If the test results are as follows:
a. Voltage does not drop, module is open and must be replaced
b. Voltage stays below 3 volts, The module has been spiked by high voltage
c. Voltage only drops to 2-4 volts, weak spark is being produced

jim_hoyland
Anyone ? I
yeahmag
I run a Unilite and this test is basic. I have had a failure when running that is not picked up by the simple go/no go test. It will show you of the module has completely failed or not. Run the power conditioning module in front of the optical trigger!
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Sep 25 2018, 08:31 AM) *

I run a Unilite and this test is basic. I have had a failure when running that is not picked up by the simple go/no go test. It will show you of the module has completely failed or not. Run the power conditioning module in front of the optical trigger!

Thanks Aaron, If you have a module that had failed, would you mind sending it to me. I'm doing some experimenting....

I also had the Intermediate type of failure, twice !
And, I have a spare in the garage......just in case
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.