Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuse Box from JWest Engineering ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beakster
I just bought one of these JWest Engineering Fuse Box Panels .. Is there anyone out there that has installed one .. I'm looking for your feed back .. Thanks

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
There should be tons of threads here on this subject....
Coondog
Pretty simple install. Going to get opinions both ways. I had a wiring rats nest so this was a no brainer. Nothing wrong with a modern fuse set up.
Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
20 minutes and done... works like a charm.
DRPHIL914
did not take too long, I had a short and some hacked wiring, so it was a good way to clean up the rats nest and prevent a fire or short, and modern fuses , I;m not knocking fuses loose with my knee and you can use the lighting up ones that show up if it blows.

I think its a good idea if you don't need a concours original panel for show.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 24 2018, 12:22 PM) *

did not take too long, I had a short and some hacked wiring, so it was a good way to clean up the rats nest and prevent a fire or short, and modern fuses , I;m not knocking fuses loose with my knee and you can use the lighting up ones that show up if it blows.

I think its a good idea if you don't need a concours original panel for show.

No PCA concours is going to judge you on your fuse panel. smile.gif
larryM
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 24 2018, 08:37 PM) *

No PCA concours is going to judge you on your fuse panel. smile.gif

i can attest to that (except at PCA Parade - where a-retentive types look at screw heads & such)

just keep track of wires positions & colors
(not all harnesses have exactly the same colors that match published diagrams)

it is a tight vertical fit - but a superb upgrade
porschetub
I have one to fit which I bought from a member on here,then I hear some folks saying the don't like the fact the wiring gets some strain on it due to the position pins on the panel,how real is this issue ? my wiring has no hack jobs and is in great condition but I don't want to fit one and create a problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.