Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to use this tool?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HansJan
Hello everyone,

I have ordered this tool from 914Rubber, which should be arriving this week.
If it really works, I could leave the windshield in for another couple of years.
The car goes to the painter this fall. To avoid tape-lines, I like the trim removed.

Could anyone provide me with the guidance needed to pull this off?

Click to view attachment
copyright to 914Rubber
Chi-town
Carefully? laugh.gif
mepstein
have you tried youtube? There are a couple videos showing it in use.
HansJan
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 23 2018, 09:54 PM) *

There is a guy on YouTube, on a different type of car. But he makes it look too easy (and I believe that he broke a clip as well).
mepstein
QUOTE(HansJan @ Sep 23 2018, 11:14 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 23 2018, 09:54 PM) *

There is a guy on YouTube, on a different type of car. But he makes it look too easy (and I believe that he broke a clip as well).

I saw a couple videos. It's all pretty much the same idea of using the tool to release the clips. The original clips are over 40 years old, plastic gets brittle, so there is a good chance they will break.
Mikey914
You carefully slide it under the chrome and catch the edge of the clip. You use it as a lever to release the clip. Be careful if you are not removing the windshield to not break the clips. Go slowly you can feel the trim release.
76-914
QUOTE(HansJan @ Sep 23 2018, 06:29 PM) *

Hello everyone,

I have ordered this tool from 914Rubber, which should be arriving this week.
If it really works, I could leave the windshield in for another couple of years.
The car goes to the painter this fall. To avoid tape-lines, I like the trim removed.

Could anyone provide me with the guidance needed to pull this off?

Click to view attachment
copyright to 914Rubber

To quote Cap'n Ron; "Nobody knows!" av-943.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.