Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help .. Back Trunk rear lift kit ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beakster
I'm putting a wing on the back trunk and need to upgrade the hinges or something..
Do they make an aftermarket rear lift kit for the rear trunk ?? Or has any one made one to work ??
Really enjoy reading the feedback .. Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Use the original torsion rods. The so called rear trunk lift kit punches needless holes on your car and trunk lid, strains the trunk lid, and prevents you from swinging the top into the trunk. JUST DO NOT DO IT!!!

QUOTE(Beakster @ Sep 24 2018, 08:57 AM) *

I'm putting a wing on the back trunk and need to upgrade the hinges or something..
Do they make an aftermarket rear lift kit for the rear trunk ?? Or has any one made one to work ??
Really enjoy reading the feedback .. Thanks

GeorgeRud
Camp914 provides a strut type kit for the trunks if desired. You do need to clearance a bit of the rear firewall (between the engine and the rear trunk) to allow for the struts. I don’t know that it stresses the chassis, and the original torsion bars do work fine. I used the kit on my conversion car to clean up the engine compartment somewhat when I converted to a six.
Beakster
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 24 2018, 10:12 AM) *

Camp914 provides a strut type kit for the trunks if desired. You do need to clearance a bit of the rear firewall (between the engine and the rear trunk) to allow for the struts. I don’t know that it stresses the chassis, and the original torsion bars do work fine. I used the kit on my conversion car to clean up the engine compartment somewhat when I converted to a six.

Thanks ...
bbrock
QUOTE(Beakster @ Sep 25 2018, 09:48 AM) *

QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Sep 24 2018, 10:12 AM) *

Thanks ...

I post this only because I see OP is in Calgary. I have banned gas struts from my car and wish I could take the damn things off all my cars because I'm tired of being hit in the fuching head whenever the temps drop into negative digits and the gas struts provide no lift. YMMV.
burton73
I just happened to have one close by to take a picture of. When I bought my roller for my V8 from duc and Craig at Camp 914. my car had them in.

Bob B
Click to view attachment popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.