Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Intro] Atlanta 1974 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AndrewMcIlroy
I'm a recent graduate from UGA currently living in the Atlanta area. After becoming really interested in rally, I remembered my grandpa had an old Porsche put up in the barn that I could maybe use to learn manual driving on, and for some reason thought was a 911. Maybe I could restore and convince him to let me go pick up girls in it! After going on a hunt to find it, I realized it wasn't the typical cool hot rod Porsche I was expecting. After doing some research, I was led to this forum and learned that this car was still pretty cool despite not being a 911. Also that is was a RALLY CAR!

Here is what I know about the car. We have had this car in the family for all but the first year of its lifespan. My grandfather acquired the car in exchange for work he completed for someone in 1975. Originally, my grandma used it to occasionally drive around town, but for a vast amount of its lifetime its been put up in the barn. After the past 20 years of never being driven, My grandpa and uncle went through the trouble of getting it to start and be semi road worthy. Now it gets started up and driven briefly once every 6 months. I only have one picture of the car right now, but I'll get more and post them later. I also try to get more details on its condition, but to my knowledge the is rust free and has probably a lot less than 50,000 miles on it!

Click to view attachment
bandjoey
Congrats! This looks like a great car and YES they're more fun than a 911. white914.jpg white914.jpg
JeffBowlsby
Post the VIN. Looks like it could be a 1974 with few/no options. Engine size? Se insignia on tailpanel 1.8L or 2.0L.
AndrewMcIlroy
The Vin my uncle gave me was 4742908315. I'll get more exact information on the car in a week or so. I was originally wanting to turn this into a gt rally car, but clearly it's in too good of condition to mess with and not worth the trouble. Now I'm looking to just get it into peak condition and have it actually shown off in the wild.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.