Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIN Search - it's on the list but....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Greetings,

Looking for help in finding a specific 914.

It's on the 914 VIN registry here and I've been talking with George Hussey as it appears it's last known whereabouts are with him but he has a lot of cars and it's been a long time. He searched his titles and it's not in his pile of '73's but admits he has not done an exhaustive search as of yet.

In the event that he sold it (it HAS been 22 years!) I'm just trying to expand the net a little bit...

I've tried searching Carfax but it comes up with an error message as an invalid VIN

Any help in locating this VIN is appreciated - thanks!

‭4732908732‬
seanery
is that the 73 1.7 Olympic Blue in your signature?

More details may help someone get interested enough to check their vin. ;-)
FlacaProductions
It IS the 73 in my signature - yes.

This was my first car and I drove it from 1984-1996 when it was crashed in atlanta and totaled by the insurance company. I had no idea what happened to it after it was taken to the junk yard.

Recently, I popped it into the 914 VIN database here and was really surprised when it came back as owned by Automobile Atlanta/George Hussey. Ironic since George put a new (to me) motor in it when it let go on my way moving to Florida from Iowa in the late 80's.

George has been a big help and he's still searching but he has a lot of cars and it's been a long time - and it's possible that someone bought it at some point.

These old-style VINs are hard to search for as they are now non-standard....any help is appreciated!
FlacaProductions
Update - I have found that the last title was in Iowa 11/08/96 and is listed as a salvage title. All this makes sense so hopefully George has it and it just hasn't been unearthed yet! (maybe literally...)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
And I though I was bad about hoarding 914 parts!!!! biggrin.gif
FlacaProductions
Wait.
I see it.
Oh..maybe not.
But...yeah - there it is - over there!
Um. Over there?
Wait....
(This is gonna be a good story...I hope)
SirAndy
It's the one with the cinder block on the trunk lid ....
popcorn[1].gif
douglastic
How sad is that field.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and there were many many more

QUOTE(douglastic @ Sep 25 2018, 01:46 PM) *

How sad is that field.

FlacaProductions
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 25 2018, 01:42 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

I sort of hope/hope not - but I don't think so as I remember "liberating" the 914 logo before I left it the last time....I think....
Olympic 914
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 25 2018, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 25 2018, 01:42 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

I sort of hope/hope not - but I don't think so as I remember "liberating" the 914 logo before I left it the last time....I think....

If that's a '73 I could use a spare 914 emblem.. Mine has one post busted.
FlacaProductions
hey, hey - start your own thread!! lol-2.gif
(kidding of course - hope you get what you need!!)
FlacaProductions
The more I think about it the more I'm pretty sure that's not "my" 73 with the cinder block on the truck - mine had/has a fiberglass lip on the trunk lid so the search continues.

Headed for Rennsport today, though!
FlacaProductions
bump - check your VINs - 4732908732‬
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.