Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runability
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Looking for advise.

I have a 2.0 liter that runs great under power/acceleration but when feathering the pedal at a constant speed tends to buck slightly. Is there someone that can give me some advise as to what would cause this?

Thank you.
wndsrfr
Might be the TPS--throttle position sensor board needs to be cleaned...there's a thread about it somewhere here....not hard to do....
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Sep 26 2018, 08:38 PM) *

Looking for advise.

I have a 2.0 liter that runs great under power/acceleration but when feathering the pedal at a constant speed tends to buck slightly. Is there someone that can give me some advise as to what would cause this?

Thank you.

Stock injection or carbs or modern injection?

Zach
jagalyn
Original injection with new injectors within the last 4 years.
ConeDodger
Look at the cfr Racing website. They have a new PCB I think, or was that spoke? The spot the feeler is always at, usually right where you cruise gets gummed up and causes bucking at steady state driving.
jagalyn
Replaced the Throttle Position Sensor circuit board purchased from 914Rubber today. What a difference. Going from slight bucking at cruise and beginning of acceleration to absolute smooth in all throttle positions.

My old circuit board was original and 45 years old so it has seen better days. If you are having any of these problems I highly recommend doing this simple modification. 45-60 minutes max and super simple with videos to walk you through the process.

I love my car!!!

Here is my old board... pretty worn!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.