Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please move this to Garage: No need for decel valve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
Was looking for a decel valve to alleviate popping in deceleration of FI system. Rand says this is caused by a Lean condition and the decel valve will not fix it.
Rand
Why?
I might have one that was removed intentionally. But unless you want it for concourse reasons... WHY?
nditiz1
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 27 2018, 04:23 PM) *

Why?
I might have one that was removed intentionally. But unless you want it for concourse reasons... WHY?

I'm getting popping on decel.
Rand
That's a lean condition. You don't need a decel valve to fix that right. Decel valve is a piece of garbage that didn't do anything except pacify some government bull about emissions control.
Rand
WTF with the delete?? Please share the answer to help all of us.
nditiz1
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 27 2018, 07:08 PM) *

WTF with the delete?? Please share the answer to help all of us.

There I fixed it. I deleted it since this was not the correct forum. It started as a WTB and then turned into a tech Q&A. I PM'd you asking for the solution. Can you provide here how to alleviate the popping?
mgphoto
Most probably the MPS need tuning, some more info about the engine will help.
Lean on over run is not so much a bad thing, especially in race cars.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 27 2018, 06:46 PM) *

That's a lean condition. You don't need a decel valve to fix that right. Decel valve is a piece of garbage that didn't do anything except pacify some government bull about emissions control.

Actually, you are incorrect. The decel valve is there to soften the throttle closing when you jump out of the throttle at high RPM. Without the decel valve, the fuel injection will drop the idle speed below the point where the engine idles. Taht will cause the car to die.

The decel valve just bypasses the throttle plate when the engine is at a high vacuum. It will do nothing to lean out the mixture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.