Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 76 914 2.0 exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RolinkHaus
Hello,

I've got a standard 2.0 motor. I'm looking for cookie cutter megaphones to attach. Doing some research they only make them for a 911/356 wondering if these have to be fabricated? Anyone know who makes them for 914's?

Click to view attachment

Stoddard no longer makes these?
Click to view attachment
mb911
I have done allot of these for folks over the years. All stainless steel.. Your flange would be the hardest part or are you looking for something just like your picture so that the muffler actually has them integrated?
brant
It should be easy to fabricate

But without the crossover of having both banks connected you will actually decrease the torque output compared to a stock exhaust
RolinkHaus
Thanks for the info,1 will have to probably attached a muffler it's very loud
RolinkHaus
Mb911,

How much would it cost to fab this setup?

VaccaRabite
First off, backdate your exchangers. You have the crappy 75/76 exchangers. If you get a set of used SSIs you are going to open up your engine a little bit. I also think you can get megaphones for the earlier exchangers.

Also, if you have not used them before, megaphones are LOUD. Really loud. You will want hearing protection for any drives longer then 5 minutes.

Zach
mb911
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Sep 29 2018, 10:47 AM) *

Mb911,

How much would it cost to fab this setup?

For cookie cutters probably looking at 275-375 it is time and materials based off of your dimensions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.