Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My '73 1.7 is a total whiner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
So the really good news is that I got her running and she seems healthy, so I'm way ahead of the game here but I do have an issue that I need some additional brain power on please.

Several fuses were missing from my car, and when I put a proper size fuse in number 11 I get a warning buzzer that operates continuously until you put the key in the ignition and start the car. That is not correct behavior, and doesn't seem to tie back to the fuse chart that I've seen.

I am assuming wiring on the back of the fuse panel is wrong. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
carking1996
Buzzer sounds like it would be the seat relay under passenger seat. Most of us have disabled that already. smile.gif

Regarding the fuses specifically...

IPB Image
Tdskip
QUOTE(carking1996 @ Sep 29 2018, 06:43 AM) *

Buzzer sounds like it would be the seat relay under passenger seat. Most of us have disabled that already. smile.gif

Regarding the fuses specifically...

IPB Image

Hey! Good morning and thanks for the response. That is very helpful .

It can't be correct behavior that that thing goes off constantly until the ignition is on however, right? I've never check to see what happens if there's no one sitting in the driver seat, but it sounds like I may just be best off disconnecting that specific buzzer.
mgphoto
Sounds like the buzzer relay is positioned in the relay socket incorrectly.
Check the pin alignment.
Tdskip
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Sep 29 2018, 03:21 PM) *

Sounds like the buzzer relay is positioned in the relay socket incorrectly.
Check the pin alignment.

Ah, so it's getting power when it shouldn't. Let me check in the morning and report back.

Thanks for the idea.
euro911
Bad door switch?

Not sure about the 914, but my Tacoma had a buzzer issue (with the motor off, but key in the ignition switch).

Replaced the switch - buzzer silent (unless I open the door(s).
Tdskip
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 30 2018, 01:26 AM) *

Bad door switch?

Not sure about the 914, but my Tacoma had a buzzer issue (with the motor off, but key in the ignition switch).

Replaced the switch - buzzer silent (unless I open the door(s).

Hi Mark, thanks for the response. Good idea on checking that.

My door switch is actually working, I can hear it go on/off when I press it as an additional buzzer in addition to the one that is always on.

Robnxious
Without hearing it, I have to agree w/ Carking on the seat relay. When I re upholstered my seats, I saw a relay wasn't connected under the passenger seat. Plugged it in, and started getting a constant buzzing when I started it up. Unplugged it again, and "voila" it's fixed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.