Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mind blown
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
Who has been living two houses away for as long as my wife and I have been living in our home, which is almost 20 years. I was driving back from test driving the car and he was outside doing some yard work. I’ve chatted with him before but never knew his full story; that he was the head shop mechanic at a Porsche dealer on Long Island many many years ago, he told me tales about how he used to have to break in the six cylinder cars back in the day and did so by taking them down the Wantagh parkway to the Ocean Parkway, and back up the Meadowbrook. Then they would fine tune the cars and send them off to the customers. He mentioned to me that my car doesn’t sound exactly right, which I know, there’s something that’s just off a little bit, but he offered to have a look at it in the not too distant future, he apparently knows both L and D jet systems, as well as carbed cars. To say that I’m a little flabbergasted is an understatement...

Poor guy has been dealing with his wife’s dementia for years, hence why I’d rarely see him... sad.gif
Big Len
Crazy. Sometimes that nearby neighbor might be a Porsche tech or they might be a serial axe murderer. Does he own any Porsche's now?
Porschef
No. He had a ‘77 911 that he sold a while back.
bandjoey
Take him for a drive and let him drive. He'll be your friend forever.
iankarr
Now that you've befriended the Porsche tech next door, does that mean you won't let mort take a torch to your car anymore?
HansJan
QUOTE(Big Len @ Sep 29 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Crazy. Sometimes that nearby neighbor might be a Porsche tech or they might be a serial axe murderer. Does he own any Porsche's now?

So... Then my neighbor must be that Axe murderer.
73-914
Chainsaw massacure ,I would assume
bretth
Wow that's awesome, feel for him and his wife's condition though.
injunmort
ian, I am still good with the torch. but it goes to show you, you never know. I am going to see mike's new acquisition today. was not a 914 guy until he attended the june tech session.now just took delivery of a 2.0l from md. Thursday. of course it doesn't run, will see if I can help rectify that.
Porschef
No, Ian, I’ll still let Mort have at it with the torch on occasion. biggrin.gif

idea.gif
Mort, did you get that 2.2 running?
injunmort
decided to clean and organize garage instead. will be starting that after tomorrow. will now have room to work on finishing blue, and moving tub for 6 conversion inside and more upgrades on yellow. finally got fuel system on 280z fixed and running.
rgolia
QUOTE(Porschef @ Sep 29 2018, 05:43 PM) *

Who has been living two houses away for as long as my wife and I have been living in our home, which is almost 20 years. I was driving back from test driving the car and he was outside doing some yard work. I’ve chatted with him before but never knew his full story; that he was the head shop mechanic at a Porsche dealer on Long Island many many years ago, he told me tales about how he used to have to break in the six cylinder cars back in the day and did so by taking them down the Wantagh parkway to the Ocean Parkway, and back up the Meadowbrook. Then they would fine tune the cars and send them off to the customers. He mentioned to me that my car doesn’t sound exactly right, which I know, there’s something that’s just off a little bit, but he offered to have a look at it in the not too distant future, he apparently knows both L and D jet systems, as well as carbed cars. To say that I’m a little flabbergasted is an understatement...

Poor guy has been dealing with his wife’s dementia for years, hence why I’d rarely see him... sad.gif

Did he work at Lester Kay in Southampton? That is where my teeter was purchased.

Porschef
No Ralph, I believe it was the dealership in Freeport.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.