Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Highland
So, this might be obvious but not to me....

1) Using 96mm KB pistons (2056cc) but can't find an orientation symbol. Is there one? I was just going to install them with the print upright.

Click to view attachment

2) I know I can reuse the flywheel bolts for a -4 engine, but can I also reuse the clutch bolts?

3) I have the Victor Reinz 2.0 gasket kit. Are both pushrod tube O-rings viton or are only the green ones vition?

4) I was going to have my exhaust and intake manifolds and heater parts cleaned in a hot tank. I can paint the outside with high temp paint, but what did the factory or members use to prevent surface rust on the inside?

Thanks
worn
QUOTE(Highland @ Sep 30 2018, 02:18 PM) *

So, this might be obvious but not to me....

1) Using 96mm KB pistons (2056cc) but can't find an orientation symbol. Is there one? I was just going to install them with the print

2) I know I can reuse the flywheel bolts for a -4 engine, but can I also reuse the clutch bolts?

3) I have the Victor Reinz 2.0 gasket kit. Are both pushrod tube O-rings viton or are only the green ones vition?

4) I was going to have my exhaust and intake manifolds and heater parts cleaned in a hot tank. I can paint the outside with high temp paint, but what did the factory or members use to prevent surface rust on the inside?

Thanks

I love it as a photograph but I cannot see very much about what I assume is a piston. I think you can reuse the clutch bolts, but they are pretty cheap. The color question has been asked before and I think they are all viton. I didn’t use all the parts in the kit. You can have the insides coated, but to me they don’t see a lot of free oxygen. So it is less important. How many miles will you really put on your baby car? I am sure that better minds will chime in.

GeorgeRud
You could try to have the heat exchangers ceramic coated to protect them, but lot’s of folks have switched to stainless ones. Either way, it’s a good idea to place a carbon monoxide detector in the car as all of these exchangers are getting old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.