Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport Reunion Fun Fact ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey guys and gals.....just got home from my first Rennsport.....can't really put it into words.....maybe I can figure it out in a few days but trust it was the most spectacular, friendly, courteous, ear shattering, adrenaline producing, total Porsche community experience I have ever had.....no offense to WCR of course. Anyway, I know a bunch of you attended this weekend....what do you suppose the cash value of all those cars inside the gate is? Then add the parking lots.....a sea of Porsches.....then add the exhibitors......tons of cars in there.....I won't show my cards but I switched to billions with a b after just a few minutes. It would be interesting to see if anyone can tackle this question.....what a weekend!
Thank you,
gg
mtndawg
I was thinking about this while at the event this weekend because as they say, everything has a price. There were quite a few museum cars, do they have a value?
EdwardBlume
Ave Street car value 50k- 2000 xars - 100 million. Race, museum cars - Ave 300,000 x 300 - 900 million, so 1 billion is my guess.
second wind
QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Sep 30 2018, 08:36 PM) *

Ave Street car value 50k- 2000 xars - 100 million. Race, museum cars - Ave 300,000 x 300 - 900 million, so 1 billion is my guess.

I do not pretend to know.....is it true that 959's were $80,000 and no one wanted one.....and now over $1,000,000? This is why Rennsport is sick!! You are standing next to a 959 and everyone one there knows a lot about them......there were about 15 or so of them there.....there's $15,000,000.
gg
Mueller
Just in front of the PCA tent and area that you got your dash plaques from they had at one point:

1 Carrera GT
3 911 GT3 RS
6 918s

I really enjoyed driving and parking a 914 there. So many 911s that your car would get lost in a sea of cars. Sure my 914 might be slow however once you looked at a row of 25 911s the other 200 911s all started to look the same.

I did like the Sooner 911,s , way less expensive than a Singer and all steel fenders.
914-300Hemi
Total cost didn’t cross my mind. I still have the various magical car sounds buzzing in my head. Great event, wonderful people and great cars.

I would guess over a billion dollars.
pete000
Probably about a second or two what the Government spends daily...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.