Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 V8 Value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vitaminc914
I have a 72 914 with a 350 Crate motor. The chassis of the car is extremely solid and the interior is in excellent shape. Car has been converted to 5 lugs but everything else remained stock. Sounds amazing, has 916 rear bumper and fiberglass front bumper. The only issue is the wipers don't work.
Paint is OK. It is original paint so it can use a respray. I have about $12K in it. I am debating if it is worth spending another $3K and get it resprayed or just sell as is for $12K. Anytime I was looking at these, they were going between $12-$15K but that was a long time ago. This can probably be easily returned to stock if someone wants to do that but that motor is INCREDIBLE.
Any idea on values before I list it?
burton73
Price can be all over the board on these. What crate Eng. do you have what trans and what is your radiator setup. Rust? Give more info on the car. Pictures are a big help for the guys.

I am not looking for one more in my stable but have followed these for 40 years.

Bob B
welcome.png
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would dump it before it tanks. Do not spend any more money on it. Let the next owner with a dream do that

QUOTE(vitaminc914 @ Oct 1 2018, 12:33 PM) *

I have a 72 914 with a 350 Crate motor. The chassis of the car is extremely solid and the interior is in excellent shape. Car has been converted to 5 lugs but everything else remained stock. Sounds amazing, has 916 rear bumper and fiberglass front bumper. The only issue is the wipers don't work.
Paint is OK. It is original paint so it can use a respray. I have about $12K in it. I am debating if it is worth spending another $3K and get it resprayed or just sell as is for $12K. Anytime I was looking at these, they were going between $12-$15K but that was a long time ago. This can probably be easily returned to stock if someone wants to do that but that motor is INCREDIBLE.
Any idea on values before I list it?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
you could also check the value of the engine, maybe it is worth too much to leave in the car
Larmo63
Post a few pictures of it here, we can give you a better idea.

$3K to do a decent paint job on a 914 is probably not realistic, btw.

Chris914n6
I'd let the next owner paint it the color & budget they want. At most you would break even.

Fresh paint always makes me wonder what they're hiding.
Andyrew
We need more pictures to declare a value.. a running carbed V8 914 could be 4k to 15k given info provided.

If the paint is a 25 footer then I would leave it. You won't make half what you put into paint.

Being original paint could be worth more to someone than a respray if it's halfway decent.
Cairo94507
I agree with others here. Do not paint it to sell it. I would rather buy an original paint car and be able to see what the issues are than wonder what is hidden by the fresh paint.

The way to sell these types of 914 is with lots of good photos. Look at other FS ads and see how photos are taken to show the car and all of the known areas. Take the time to post a good FS ad and you may be surprised. Include as many details as possible about all of the mods. If you have paperwork for any of the mods, receipt for the motor, etc. post that too. Good luck with the sale. beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Oct 2 2018, 05:03 AM) *

I agree with others here. Do not paint it to sell it. I would rather buy an original paint car and be able to see what the issues are than wonder what is hidden by the fresh paint.

The way to sell these types of 914 is with lots of good photos. Look at other FS ads and see how photos are taken to show the car and all of the known areas. Take the time to post a good FS ad and you may be surprised. Include as many details as possible about all of the mods. If you have paperwork for any of the mods, receipt for the motor, etc. post that too. Good luck with the sale. beerchug.gif

Truer words have never been spoken. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.