Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original Stickers...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Wondering how many cars are out there with original stickers.. ie: paint, inspection, oil changes, etc.
I would suspect the older the 914 gets, the fewer cars left with this provenance.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Chi-town
I'm sure these guys would make them for you

http://car-bone.pl/tags/porsche-decals/
burton73
My original paint 76 car had them.

The silver paint sticker by hinge is very delicate and a lot of care needs to be given when detailing the door jams. I let one of my workers do it and he rubbed off the black paint on the silver paper sticker.

Small detail.

Bob B

sheeplove.gif
burton73
The oil sticker from my 6 #41

Just put it in my book. California yea! wub.gif

Bob BClick to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Jeff that's an interesting sticker, I have not seen that one previously.

Swiped its image for my Plates Labels and Markings webpage...Thanks!

It is both silver metallic and black. How does that manifest itself on your car?

Using words such as 'provenance' in this place may scare some folks... wink.gif
jagalyn
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 1 2018, 02:14 PM) *

It is both silver metallic and black. How does that manifest itself on your car?

1973 Original Silver Paint Survivor Car...
Black Roof, Valances and Rockers???Click to view attachment
jagalyn

Using words such as 'provenance' in this place may scare some folks... wink.gif

Provenance: a record of ownership of a work of art or an antique, used as a guide to authenticity or quality.

Who wouldn't think a 914 is a 'work of art'?
bbrock
I'm also interested in that sticker. Is that a '73? and was it originally sold in the US? About a month ago I bumped this old thread in the Originality forum because I wanted to replace my paint code sticker since mine looked like this:
IPB Image

I wound up ordering a custom sticker from this guy on ebay. It turned out pretty close but not perfect. There was just enough legible on my old one to match with a photo on Jeff's site (on the left below). The reproduction is on the right.

IPB Image IPB Image
Larmo63
I'd get rid of the old ratty ones on the door that you can't read anyway.

It's funny Bob,"Performance Haus" is still there in Dana Point in the same location. Gary was a great guy to deal with, but it's been sold to some new people recently.
Jamie
I have been told that my 1973 has a complete set of original stickers, the paint sticker says "saturngelb L99A" which was translated to Delphi Green Metallic. There are also a bunch of additional labels that my engineer father added as the original buyer! confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Oct 1 2018, 03:54 PM) *

Original Silver Paint Survivor Car...
Black Roof, Valances and Rockers???Click to view attachment

L041 could only apply to the painted lower valences, its just odd...have not seen that reference on the sticker because black was the standard color for those.
jagalyn
QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 1 2018, 03:23 PM) *

I'm also interested in that sticker. Is that a '73? and was it originally sold in the US?

1973 2.0 Liter Originally Sold in the US. Later '73 Car, VIN Number 4732919044.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.