Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What have I got here and recommendations with what I have?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
Hello,
I purchased two 915 transmissions one that is low mileage and already modified for 914use and the other a rebuilt 915 that is unmodified. I also purchased the cable shifter that goes with the transmission as well as the axles. I have a rebuilt 901 Brad Mayuer and the renegade axles to go with , however when I saw this lot for sale on Craigslist I figured it was a good enough deal to purchase all the parts that had been assembled and installed in another 914then removed. This way I know it will all come together in my car. It is all very low mileage. The converted 915 baffles me. It has been cut and another bell housing has been added and works with a Chevy heavy duty clutch. The previous owner, a wonderful older gentleman, said it had worked great in his application. So, I’m including some pictures and want your thoughts on whether I should go with them or my 330 HP V8 and 901 route or use the 915?

Thanks,
Brett
mepstein
Since you have most everything you need, I would use the 915. You will need some sort of trans hanger for the back of the car. PMS used to make a semicircle hanger that was a bolt on for your application but I heard they no longer make it.

Sounds like a good score on the trans.
Gearup
Here is a picture of the modified 915Click to view attachment
Gearup
Clutch
Gearup
Axles

7153120198008LOBRO2293 GERMANY
Gearup
So, has anyone ever seen a modded 915 with a bellhouse like that and a Chevy clutch? Anyone know what those axles are and if any good for a high horsepower application?

Thanks Mucho,
Brett
914Sixer
They look like 6 bolt 911 or 944 100mm cv's. Could be modified 914 shafts, plenty good for most hp upgrades.
Gearup
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 1 2018, 06:46 PM) *

They look like 6 bolt 911 or 944 100mm cv's. Could be modified 914 shafts, plenty good for most hp upgrades.

Thank you for the reply. Have you ever seen a 915 with a bell housing like that?
nditiz1
If you dont end up using that unmodified 915, I'll take it off your hands smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.