Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Times up - moving East
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
Guess this is as good a time as ever to say good bye to CA and off to Maryland we go..

Wife's temporary assignment is up and in two weeks we're moving back to MD. While here I got the bug to buy a 914. I researched, found this website, went to several 914 breakfasts, and finally found and purchased my current 914. In doing so I met plenty of great folks out here, and on the website. I've autox'd twice, been to willow springs and enjoyed this years WCC05 event. What a blast!

I've decided that when we return to MD the '76 911 will be sold (it's in storage there), tough decision - I've had it since 1981. Anyone looking for 911 project? the car's in fair condition. I'll post it in the miscellaneous sales.

I'll be driving our van and flat towing the 914, while the wife and kids fly back and the other two cars are shipped. Won't have much time to linger but would welcome meeting any fellow club members along the way. Route is direct to Denver via I-80, switch co-pilots, then I-70 to MD. Tentative overnights near the NV-UT border, Denver, east of Kansis City, and somewhere between Dayton and Columbus Ohio. I'll buy the first beer at each stop! Speak up if you're near I-80 or I-70 of this trip.

I'll have the laptop along and intend to stay in touch en route. Wish me luck, my butts going to be tired from 600+ miles each day.

Thanks to all of you who've been helpful in minor repairs or answered my questions. This site is truely a great place.

sincerely,
root
plas76targa-

I'm almost finished with my 914 project, hopefully, in August and I might be interested in your 911. When you get a chance tell me more about it. What part
of MD will you be in? Tell me more 'bout the 911 and maybe we can schedule a time
for me to come up and look at it.... biggrin.gif
ThinAir
If your route changes and you come across I-40 you are welcome here in Flagstaff (given how far North you are starting from, I can't see why you'd come this far south, but you never know).

I'm wondering too, where you are headed to. I'm from Hyattsville originally. Moved away to Arizona in 1962.
plas76targa
We're returning to Frederick MD.
Root- pm me your email, I have some photo's I took or the 911 before we moved.
ThinAir - nice posting time "9:14 PM"
Jenny
Matt, you're moving in the beginning of July, right? Will you have any time for a breakfast or lunch before moving?

Jen
skline
QUOTE (plas76targa @ Jun 16 2005, 10:31 PM)
ThinAir - nice posting time "9:14 PM"

Your clock isnt set right, it says 10:14 on my computer.

Just because you are moving east doesnt mean goodbye. It just means you are switching coasts. You will still be part of our family here.
Trekkor
Come run one more a/x with us at Marina on the 26th. biggrin.gif

KT
Dr Evil
I'm planning on taking the I-40 when I leave town for Hershey, PA on the 15th of july. Where in MD will you be?
SpecialK
I'm not too far from I-70 when you get to the St. Louis area. What's your ETA for MO? beerchug.gif

[the gregrobbins 914 owner's list would not be a bad idea to have along with you making a journey that far.....may come in handy!]
zymurgist
I hang out in Fredneck from time to time. I help put on the Soap Box Derby just east of town on old I-70, and I've got friends in and around town. I guess I'll have to introduce myself and check out the project... even though I've already got 1 1/2 projects going on already.
nein14-6
My goodness, it’s a small world

Matt, I sent you an email.
xsboost90
maybe cpttripps and i could meet up w/ you near columbus/dayton. You know what roads through OHIO youll be taking? We were planning on a ohio gtg anyways. biggrin.gif
Gint
You're driving down I25 to get to I70 in Denver I presume? You're driving within 3 miles of my house. I can provide a couch/sofa sleeper and network for your laptop. The big question is, what are your travel dates?
scottb
hey, frederick is about 30 minutes from my place in poolesville.

there are going to be a lot of us in the wva, va, md area.

forget the wcc.... next year i say East Coast Classic!!!!! beerchug.gif
crash914
Kool!!

It looks like Maryland is now the center of the 914 on the east coast!

I got the job in laurel and will be heading down soon.
The chief driver instructor of our chapter of PC is also moving to maryland....

I don't know where I will get a house yet...looking in edgewater or columbia...

I hope to be there before the snow flies!

Lets get the bar-b-que list going..... Snow cones all around!
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

WELCOME to the right side wink.gif

Hope to see you at the East Coast Cookout this year...zip is 19348.

There should be a big turnout of local 914 owners from VA, DC, NJ, PA, CT, MD, and DE.

Shoot me an e-mail and I will add you the the cookout list.

seanery
I'm in Indy...I've got sofabeds if you want 'em. I'm out of town June 30-July 5. If it's not in that window you're welcome to stay here.
type47
there is a fellow marc astore on the dorkiphus board who is looking for a car. he lives in reston, also on the east coast
xsboost90
that means you can come to the MWC in august right?
plas76targa
Whoa .. a bunch of replies. Let's see:

Jenny - lunch or breakfast would be great. If not we are having an open house in Pleasanton this sunday, 1-5. 914's are welcome.
Skline - hmm, I'll have to check that pc clock. and you're correct, I'm not leaving the family just moving the nest.
Trekkor - I AM REALLY tempted to go to Marina, but that's our last weekend to pack so it's really doubtful.
Dr Evil - Hershey to Frederick is roughly 90 minutes. YOU are welcome to visit anytime if you need a get-a-way from school. or a teener fix.
Special K - we're not straying too far from I-70. I think we'll be rolling by St Louis on the fourth.
Zymurgist, Nein14-6, Scottb, crash914, and any other MD,PA, VA members - I look forward to any gathering we can create. plenty of places to have a breakfast, lunch or what ever.
MWC - in Michigan would be cool - but honestly will have to consider that after landing and unpacking.
Xboost90 & cpttripps - I hope to be in Ohio on 7/04. and haven't finalized where the stop will be. Where's a good place to see the 7/4 fireworks?
Seanery - nuts, I hope to make my trip 7/1 to 7/05. Guess we'll miss meeting in person.
Kerry914 - late september correct? Family reunion might be that weekend if not, I'll make it up for the barbeque.
Gint - destination in Denver is Littleton. My cousin's place. He's my co-pilot for the first two days. I could venture off I-25 for a short stop just to say Hi.
more later..
jimkelly
Nice to hear of a 914-er coming to the area. Jim - driving.gif

I'm new to the club, living in Virginia and look forward to local gatherings.

user posted image
type47
well, jimkelly, i'd like to invite you to the pca potomac tech inspection this saturday (tomorrow) at intersport at tyson's corner. tech inspection is to inspect cars before they go on the track but it's also a gathering of interested p-owners. there should be an opportunity to put your car up on a lift, (if you so desire) and have a chance to do some short maintainance (can't tie up a lift forever; maybe an oil change duration or a general look-see). meet some local members, eat some fat pills and drink some coffee, eat pizza. tech lasts from 9-2. come by any time. it's free. if you need more info, go to the

pcapotomac.org

web site and/or dorkiphus web site or pm me.
Gint
QUOTE (plas76targa @ Jun 17 2005, 10:36 AM)
Whoa .. a bunch of replies. Let's see:

CUT

Gint - destination in Denver is Littleton. My cousin's place. He's my co-pilot for the first two days. I could venture off I-25 for a short stop just to say Hi.
more later..

I'd meet up with you so you don't have to venture far off. But now that I know the dates, it probably won't work out. Let me know if you get in before Friday evening, otherwise I'm off that Saturday for a week.
scotty914
more marylanders i am not alone beer.gif
jimkelly
type47 - sorry I missed your post but I had a very productive and enjoyable time meeting with root who lives very near me. I'll definitely try to be at the next gathering. Thanks Jim.

http://www.dorkiphus.com/? driving.gif
type47
yep, that dorkiphus

next sat is the porsche parade swap meet in hershey, about a 2.5 hr drive away and check out

http://pcapotomac.org/pca/html/de/tech_ins...spections.shtml

for the next tech, unfortunately, in MD

914 gathering in philly mid sept

club race at summit point race track in WV early october
Leo Imperial
pissoff.gif I mean beerchug.gif
Sorry Matt,
I am going through all kinds of emotions. sad.gif
Good luck to you and yours.
You are the first club member I got to know and you will be missed.
I will look you up if I am ever back east.
Leo ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
boxstr
Hey did you ever get that rat under your house?
CCLINRATZAPPER
plas76targa
Craig, only one dumb grey mouse. The zapper is packed and waiting for me to apply address label. It will get mailed back to the camp for the next 912 you find.

Leo - our paths will cross again. I'm already thinking of flying west for WCC06 - even asked Dad if he wanted to come along. And like skline said above - I'm not leaving, just moving. I'll be on the board to stay in touch and harass / and be harassed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.