Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension Bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bmurphy210
Hi, I tried searching for this info because I'm sure it's been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything.
I am reassembling a 70 914-4 for the street. what type of control arm bushing will work best(front and rear)? I'm fine with a little bit stiffer/less compliance.
Brian
DRPHIL914
when I first bought my 75 we put in new stock control arm bushings in rear, and did not change out the front until recently, but new bilistein sport shocks and new springs made ahuge difference as well.
On the front I ordered the 914rubber bushings, but bought the Tarrett engineering droplinks for the front and will install those soon so I a m not sure but someone here that has run them will comment I am sure. There were a few people at Okteenerfest that got them in the group buy and installed them at the tech session. I also would be interested to know how the like them vs the stock bushings and drop links.
- and my front A-Arm bushings were done by PMB performance when we had them pulled and powdercoated. I think they were derlin? but not sure, What ever Eric was putting in 5 years ago. We did brand new rear pivot shaft and pivot shaft busings too. Now I know that 9144ubber makes these as well. I can tell you with the turbo tie rod upgrades and all these other changes the car handles better than new. I have heard others say the racing ones are pretty hard(elephant bronze bushings?)
I think for a street car I would go with stock/914rubber products for the a-arms and control arm bushings.

Phil
Matty900
Ian ar did a great video on the front control arm bushings https://youtu.be/5AysZlHr2lM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.