Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 73 914 race car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
CountryEarl

Now listed on ebay motors - race cars through November 6th

Racer started life as a 73 and I completed conversion to a race car. Raced it for nearly 20 years in SCCA E Prod. Never wrecked, never dented. Was a fun racer. Farm accident took me out of racing, so parked car in garage for more than 10 years thinking my son would want to play, but he is not interested. The car deserves better than to just sit in the garage. It deserves to be out where it belongs. Would make a great DE / autocross / vintage racer.

Engine stretched as far as SCCA rules would allow, but E-Prod in those years would not allow 2.0 engine, so made engine as close as legal. Rules allowed 1.5 inches over stock, so wheels are 15x7.

Cage built by NASCAR frame fabricator and tied into shock towers. One of most rigid 914s out there.

Car has fiberglass flares, fuel cell, accusump, Kirkey race seat, fire system, 2 oil coolers. Used to race on St. Louis roval and banking was hard on engines until accusump installed to maintain steady oil pressure. After accusump, engines lasted forever... BUT - has been sitting 10 years so belts timed out, fire system agent might not be legal any more, tires more than a decade old and need to be replaced (Believe Goodyear no longer makes slicks this size but can get Hoosiers as replacements. Can always used Goodrich or Michelins). Would require new belts, updating to today's rules and careful going over to be safe. Comes with spare engine and extra set of wheels. Also comes with original SCCA licensing log so should be easy transfer to other sanctioning bodies.

Engine recently brought back to life. Runs strong. $6000 in cashier's check or cash.
Just outside St. Louis, MO - 17 miles from Gateway Arch. Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=669
390]Click to view attachment
9144me2enjoy
PM Sent
daytona
Hi,
Sent you a PM.
Bill.
mepstein
I'm not a buyer but would love to see a pic.

welcome.png
marksteinhilber
Picture is worth a thousand words!

A picture might sell this car for more than you’re asking. Then again, a picture may show what happens to a car that sits in a barn for ten years. Good news is engine was brought back to life. Good luck with your sale, like mark Epstein I’m looking forward to a picture!
Stingbee
PM sent
falconfp2001
I'm in Independence if someone wants a report. Just a nice weekend drive for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.