Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spark Plug Wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Cawdrey
I read about stainless steel, copper, or impregnated fiberglass. What are the differences? What does RFI suppression mean (fg wires)? What should I use?

idea.gif
Qarl
RFI

Radio Frequency Interference

I think... means you won't hear the RPMs of the car as a whine in your radio speakers
Dave Cawdrey
RFI

I think... means you won't hear the RPMs of the car as a whine in your radio speakers

For real? Hummm. Not gonna have a radio...
Andyrew
That reminds me of a trip I took on a bus. I had my am/fm radio with headphones and I sat and listened to the engine of the bus for like 30 mins.. Must have been some high RFI levels on those wires! laugh.gif
ChrisReale
I have read good things about Magnecore wires. beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(korijo @ Jul 13 2003, 10:43 PM)
RFI

For real? Hummm. Not gonna have a radio...

yepp, and if you wanna be on the safe side, get metal spark-plug connectors too ...

Andy
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jul 13 2003, 10:00 PM)
I have read good things about Magnecore wires. beerchug.gif

I'm thinkin' about Mallory. I'm interested in their fuel pump/regulators, Unilite conversion kit, and some other goodies. Polly get all that stuff in one order...

Some day huh.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(korijo @ Jul 13 2003, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jul 13 2003, 10:00 PM)
I have read good things about Magnecore wires.   beerchug.gif

I'm thinkin' about Mallory. I'm interested in their fuel pump/regulators, Unilite conversion kit, and some other goodies. Polly get all that stuff in one order...

Some day huh.gif

My fuel injection system, SDS, says that they have had nothing but problems with Mallory, Nology and Taylor plug wires. They also say to never use solid core wires.

Both Haltec and SDS say that Magnecor wires are the best, you can buy them factory direct at:
http://www.magnecor.com/
The site also has good tech info on wires, more than you'll ever want to know.

SDS then says that MSD superconductor, NGK, Accel 8.8 yellow and OEM are your next best choices. Although I think only the 7mm wires fit the stock spark plug ends.
dance.gif
seanery
I researched this for 2 or 3 weeks before I bought my wires. Magnecore is what I decided on.
Magnecore is what I reccomend. Don't cheap out on plug wires!
J P Stein
I'll 2nd (or is it 3rd) the Magnecore wires.
si2t3m
Same thing here. Magnecor and i love them.

Marc-André
tracks914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 13 2003, 09:43 PM)
That reminds me of a trip I took on a bus. I had my am/fm radio with headphones and I sat and listened to the engine of the bus for like 30 mins.. Must have been some high RFI levels on those wires! laugh.gif

I hope that bus had a gas engine. The spark plug wires on a diesel engine don't seem to whine all that much. lol3.gif

agree.gif
seanery
Dave,

Richard Clewitt sells the magnecore wires. He's a 914 guy in Manhattan Beach, CA. He's also a big Electromotive guy, too.
He's got a badass 3.1 turbo that he built. He's a nice guy and very good with our cars.

Clewett.com
Aaron Cox
no-one uses bosch oem wires? ive had no problems with em- (but i have no radio either)
Aaron Cox
oh yeah- diesels dont have sparkplugs!!! lol2.gif
914werke
Ok back to the Nology wires. Anyone find thier "performance" claims back up the steep price?
ChrisReale
Its like those stereo geeks who pay top dollar for pure silver speaker cable, never let them touch the floor....There is prolly some advantage, but I will never, ever,have the ability to recognize it.
mightyohm
Nor...will...they...
barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.