Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor Jack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
I am looking for a floor jack, a decent low profile one, that has a removable lift "circle thing" at the end, i.e., when it's out there's a hole. I have a support for a 911 engine/transmission that I got along time ago that goes on a floor jack. It balances the load perfectly but the floor jacks I see have an unremovable fitting at the end. The support needs a hole. I have an OLD Sears floor jack the has a removable, but when lowering it is a scary all or none down speed.

Also, I may have fabricated a rear lift thing that goes side to side using one floor jack that could then be put on jack stands. Or, haven't I seen such a thing that goes back to front, one for each side?
bretth
I bought this one. Has a nice wide platform built in and the circle part removes.was $100.00
bmtrnavsky
QUOTE(bretth @ Oct 3 2018, 01:35 PM) *

I bought this one. Has a nice wide platform built in and the circle part removes.was $100.00

That's pretty slick. looks like a combo jack / transmission jack.
VaccaRabite
I've got a craftsman 3 ton jack that (knock on wood) works perfectly and is very easy to control. It isn't low profile, but I have never had an issue getting t under my car.

I always look for the jack with the best lifting height. Otherwise you are adding blocks and stuff when its time to do an engine drop.

Zach
914forme
Only one real answer here

AC hydraulic Jack.They are $$$ but worth ever $$$ you invest. Oh and unparalleled lifting hight with a low profile.
914 RZ-1
I have a Harbor Freight (don't judge, ha!) aluminum 3-ton Jack. It has a threaded hole for the round plate. That might work.
jfort
914forme,

I like the AC cross beam thing, too. Do you have that, too? I was thinking about using it athwartship, i.e., from left rear jack point to right rear jack point, floor jack in the middle to get the car up for engine work. Then transfer to floor jacks. Put floor jacks under cross beam as far out from the center as possible? Do the same thing in the front to get both ends up? Wish cross beam fit into their jack stand better than it looks to do
bretth
QUOTE(bmtrnavsky @ Oct 3 2018, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(bretth @ Oct 3 2018, 01:35 PM) *

That's pretty slick. looks like a combo jack / transmission jack.

It is intended as a motorcycle lift too. Rubber padded on top. I got it with free shipping even though it is about 80 lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.