Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping nightmare
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
Well I am having a V-8 914 shipped from MN. to Ca. and the firm I contracted is called Griffin transport. I specifically requested a truck equipped with equipment to handle a in-op car and for the car to be shipped non stop/no storing or changing of trucks. Griffin charged me extra and now I find out the truck shipping the 914 isn't equipped and it was stored for a day or so and picked up by another truck. In the mean time now the door key wont open the doors. The driver call me and said he can here the lock linkage moving but it won't open the doors. This likely means the car was slim jimed. Maybe nothing more than reconnecting the linkages or someone in the yard broke in and who know..... I called Griffin and confronted "Mark" (Jerk) and he jumped directly to stating he wouldn't except my credit card payment. Only a bank check or cash on delivery. Griffin transport has an office near by and I plain to spend the day there before the truck drops off the car. I am going to make a lot of noise there and see what happens. They have already been paid by my credit card co. in full. Never again..... flipa.gif
Brando
It's experiences like these that compell most cross-country 914 buyers to fly to the car and drive it home. (Dan Root).
ArtechnikA
the 356 guys go through this all the time.
some names come and go; InterCity gets consistently good marks.

Diesel's about $2.50 a gallon; anybody making money in this environment is either really good at what they do or cutting corners bigtime.
neo914-6
At least your transporter didn't disappear. I used one referred by a very well know poster here and this sleaze took my payment for a round trip transport then sub-contracted another transporter (good one) and didn't pay the sub-contractor nor return my car. confused24.gif We both were screwed...
If you ever need transport again I would recommend Van Dam transport 701-235-3547. He is a father and son operation and has a beautiful double decker transporter and does point to point. Do NOT deal with John Valdez out of Oregon!!!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Brando @ Jun 16 2005, 09:41 PM)
It's experiences like these that compell most cross-country 914 buyers to fly to the car and drive it home. (Dan Root).

agree.gif

That is what I plan to do if / when I buy another Porsche

Sorry to here about all your trouble. What gets me about this story and others lately here is, if they (the ones screwing people on jobs/money/cars...) had the same things happen to them they would be pissed. I truely believe you should treat others the way you want to be treated. Anyway, off my soapbox time to put my rose color glasses back on and have a beer3.gif

smoke.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jun 17 2005, 07:30 AM)

agree.gif

Sorry to here about all your trouble. What gets me about this story and others lately here is, if they (the ones screwing people on jobs/money/cars...) had the same things happen to them they would be pissed. I truely believe you should treat others the way you want to be treated. Anyway, off my soapbox time to put my rose color glasses back on and have a beer3.gif

smoke.gif

That's fine if they are running and you have the time...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 17 2005, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Jun 17 2005, 07:30 AM)

agree.gif

smoke.gif

That's fine if they are running and you have the time...

agree.gif

Not saying have a car shipped is a bad thing. Peace beerchug.gif
Root_Werks

agree.gif Yep, 1300 miles in 16 hours baby! mueba.gif MDB2.gif
drive-ability
I haven't got the car yet but it should be here in 24 hours or so. I haven't spent any money on the car as I used an escrow co. to hold the money until I take delivery and have 2 weeks to inspect it. That way you get time to make sure the car is as described.
John
Dead Air
Who pays to ship it back if you're not happy?
drive-ability
beerchug.gif The seller ships it back on his dime, I'm not a nit picker and my criteria for excepting the car is for it to have the equipment and general condition stated by the owner. Turns out Griffin is a broker and the sub is Roadrunner transport. I have had good communication with them. I am not angry with the sub, they were not informed by Griffin. I was just trying to balance out the risk involved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.