Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8 cylinder 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sdoolin
Subject line says it all. I am researching Porsche vehicles with 8 cylinder engines. Wondering if an 8 was ever installed into a 914 - from the factory. I have heard rumors that this happened once or twice on special vehicles for Porsche family. Wondering if it is true, and if there any specs on the car(s)?
sb914
QUOTE(sdoolin @ Oct 4 2018, 12:06 PM) *

Subject line says it all. I am researching Porsche vehicles with 8 cylinder engines. Wondering if an 8 was ever installed into a 914 - from the factory. I have heard rumors that this happened once or twice on special vehicles for Porsche family. Wondering if it is true, and if there any specs on the car(s)?

It's true! There's two . Google.
Montreal914
Yes 2 were build in 1969.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_914
Rand
Only prototypes in a museum. None went to production. Google it. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
Way cool lights.
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/specs/prototypes.php
shades.gif
914fahrer
This is the engine drooley.gif

Click to view attachment
sdoolin
Thank you guys so much. I am having a blind bourbon tasting at my place tomorrow with the KY region of PCA. Should be about 40 of us.

I have eight different bourbons and all will be poured into unmarked vessels, so folks will have to vote blind. Each of the vessels will be labeled with a different Porsche 8 cyl car (907, 908, 909, 914 (thank you), Panamera, Cayenne, etc). So after the vote based on car number, I will reveal the bourbons (Makers Mark always wins, I don't know why).

Should be a good time...
914-300Hemi
Sounds like a fun event. Can we crash the party?
sdoolin
Bring it!
campbellcj
If you get, or can beg/borrow/steal a copy of 000 magazine, the 914-8 was covered in the very first volume as I recall. Up at Rennsport I met the photographer who worked on that piece.
PanelBilly
Great party idea. What do you use to clear your palette after trying each one? Brats?
sdoolin
Yes, Brats with German style potato salad and red cabbage. The only 914 here will be mine, most club members are water cooled these days, but still a good time. This is our fourth year, always first weekend in October.

All are invited. It is a good time.
sdoolin
Last years' selection...

Click to view attachment
echocanyons
I never knew it was a four cam V8. Thanks for the engine shot
TheCabinetmaker
Don't forget the 928
TheCabinetmaker
Wish i was closer!
JFJ914
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Oct 5 2018, 02:48 AM) *

I never knew it was a four cam V8. Thanks for the engine shot

It's not a V8. It's a four cam FLAT 8
sdoolin
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Oct 5 2018, 10:02 AM) *

Don't forget the 928

928 is in the mix!
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Rand @ Oct 4 2018, 12:15 PM) *

Only prototypes in a museum. None went to production. Google it. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

I've seen this exact photo numerous times but beside the obvious differences I just noticed flares blink.gif

Tires appear stock width????

Oscar
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(sdoolin @ Oct 4 2018, 11:30 PM) *

Last years' selection...

Click to view attachment

that is an awesome idea!! my nephew lives in Cincy(works for GE) and his boss does something like this every year for his dept directors. they get together in his man cave - been told he has connections at one of the distillers(Buffalo Trace I think) and has several barrels!! - I think you need a Woodford reserve and maybe a Pappy's!- if you don't want to spring for the Pappy, get a Col. GH Taylor- from the same place(Buffalo Trace) but excellent- 12year is awesome. Then confuse them a bit with a non-Bourbon whiskey, Nikka is a Japanese whiskey made in a Cofe' still(a Scottish wiskey still) , it will confuse the heck out of them! wish I was closer, I would join the fun, but this give me a great idea for an outing here for the local PCA group.

Post some pictures and results of your fun- great choices there though---

JeffBowlsby
Don't forget our own alien.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.