Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Brake Rotor Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John
I've been looking for the Outside Diameter (OD) of rear 911 vented brake rotors.

If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks,

John
ArtechnikA
mine measure up at 290mm.

if you need a lot of decimal places, i don't have the equipment to get closer than that...
davep
914/4 282
914/6 286
911 290

If you are using 914 calipers, you might as well turn them down to the appropriate diameter to reduce weight, and inertia. With the 914/4 caliper you need the clearance. The calipers will place the pads in the same place of course, so there is no braking benefit with the extra diameter. Still have a few kits available.
joea9146
Here is a Great Link filled with Porshe Brake Information:

Look_Here
John
Thanks for the information.

So, am I getting this right...

The 911 rear rotors are larger in diameter than 911 SC front rotors. (The 914-4 and 914-6 rear rotors are both larger diameter than the 911SC rotors).

I have been pondering the idea of spacing out a pair of calipers. I was going to try 914-4 rear calipers (for the e-brake), but they would be morre difficult to do as I don't know what to do with the brake pad spreader springs.

The 914-4 front calipers would be easier as I could use 911 rear brake pad spreader springs (the pads are the same), but I would loose the e-brake. I suppose for the track car (that already has front calipers on the rear) this is a possibility.

Any ideas on brake pad spreader springs for spaced out 914-4 rear calipers?
davep
My kit will help you out with most of the parts. The spreader needs to be cobbled together out of a 911 rear, for the width, and a 914/4 rear for the length. Easily done, in fact one of the easier parts to make.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.