Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calipers and Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
OK,

Perhaps (I am sure) it is me.

Ordered all the right stuff. A Complete kit from a VERY reputable vendor. Sent the calipers to the rebuild vendor that was recommended within 914World.

Got the calipers back yesterday, went to assemble them today.......

In the picture below the springs do not fit correctly side to side.

The pins seem loose, and the cotter pins are not the same as the ones I removed.

Also, I need a source for pads and hardware for the rear, The pins that we removed from the rear were so rusty, they can no longer be used. So I need a source for REAR pads and the pad hardware for my nice new calipers. I can only find sources for Pads ONLY.......ugh

Last, seems I ordered TWO front rebuild kits......sigh, I have to stop ordering parts after midnight. THis I know I will need to fix myself wink.gif

THANK YOU TEAM 914 IN ADVANCE!

CTC911CTCClick to view attachment
mepstein
I would send pics and talk to the vendor 1st before trying to figure it out on world.
bdstone914
Details?
What year car ?
What calipers, front or rear?
What did you order?
What help are you asking for ?

Edit: I see that is a rear caliper. Pins are different diameter. I have a bunch of them. The spreaders are NLA to my knowledge.
davep
No, that is a late front caliper. The pads, pins and spring for that caliper are different from the early caliper parts. The caliper is wider to accommodate the thicker pads; the pads you have are too thin to fit unless the pistons are pushed out, and while they will work, they are not the correct ones. The pins need to be longer, and the spring is wider. I'm guessing you got a kit for the early caliper.
Larmo63

Edit; I see the left pins isn't seated completely, and you are asking a different question.

WTF.gif
davep
So have you got this sorted yet?
914Sixer
Lots of places are selling the Centric pin kits that DO NOT fit. I ordered a set for front M calipers. Pins work, springs are wrong.
davep
I agree Mark. You do have to order the correct kit to get the correct length pins. In the photo above the pinch ring is just a quarter inch or so from being in place, but the small end is about three quarters inch or so from being in place; so I would say the pins are a half inch too short. Also the pads have a wide gap, about double the rotor thickness; if you compare the pad gap to the rotor gap in the caliper, so this tells me they are the pads for the 70-72 calipers not the 73-76 calipers. The pads will work of course, they will just look like half worn pads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.