Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want to trade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
I'm looking for a mid '73 to '74 vent/heat controls panel to buy or trade for this 1975 vent control.

I'm looking for the one with chrome trim. I believe the parts are interchangeable. The vent face should be in excellent condition, with no faded or worn numbers and indicators. Of course, the controls need to work. The chrome trim condition isn't as important as I have a replacement piece, so pitting is okay.

I do not want the 1970 to early 1973 controls. It should look like the one below, except for with chrome trim.

I don't need the control cables either.

The '75 and '76 controls have black plastic trim which is molted into the vent housing (otherwise, I'd just switch the trim piece out).

PM me if interested.
Dave Cawdrey
You can have mine. Its the least I could do.

Its still in the car. Just gotta get some help to remove it.
Dave Cawdrey
Mine has the chrome, but was made in 11/72 (73 model)
Qarl
Not in a desperate hurry. Have someone take a pic if you can.

Oops... I need the 'mid 73. But thank you for the offer.

Regards,

Karl
Qarl
Go ahead and take a pic , if you have the time.

Thanks,

Karl
TheCabinetmaker
Karl, I have a 73 and 74. both have the control with the chrome ring. That is the only dif I can see from my 75.
they are both in great shape. Its not an area the gets abuse or a lot of sun.
Qarl
vsg914... are you interested in selling one of them or trading?

Or are you just pointing out the difference?

Thanks!

Karl
TheCabinetmaker
My 73 is an organ donor. Sure, I'll trade or sell, but I may need a little instructional help with the removal. Never had a need to remove one before. confused24.gif
Curt
Qarl
Very easy...

There is a bolt on the back (similar to the way they used to mount radios to the underside of the dash).

Remove that bolt and you can push it forward slightly.

You will have to disconnect (or just cut) the three leads for the 3 speed switches). You can see them through the ashtray hole. And there is a ground underneath.

Plus, there are 4 lighting bulbs and wires that just slide out.

Get on your back and look up underneath the dash to see how it all works!

You also have to deal with the cables connected to the front blower assembly.

Option 1 - just cut them
Option 2 - find where they come through the firewall in the front trunk and disconnect them from the various blower connections and valves up front (behind the gas tank).
Option 3 - See option 1 for the fastest method.

I can just buy it from you. Send me a PM or e-mail with how much you want including shipping to Orlando, FL. I can Paypal you or send you a check.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.