Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas dripping in passenger compartment during cornering--help please.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914xr75
Every time I take a corner medium to hard, a few drips of gas drip on my passengers legs. I had my mechanic pull the tank and change the fuel lines, I purchased a new gas cap seal from 914 rubber. I even put a plastic tie down around the overflow hose. The mechanic took it off. What am I missing? It seems to drip more when the tank is over half full, but it still drips below a half as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
mepstein
Tank might have a hole in it where it sits on the bulkhead pads. They hold moisture and start the corrosion process. Pull the tank and check.
maf914
In the past I have had gas leak from the fuel filler neck on top of the gas tank on my car, which resulted in gas fumes into the cockpit. My car is a 76 model with the vapor expansion tank above the tank. The filler assembly and expansion tank are bolted to the tank with a ring of bolts and a gasket. I loosened the bolts then retightened them in order which stopped the leak. You might want to check this.
zipedadoo
You didn't recently mount anything under the dash did you? if you did, you might have put a " too long" screw into the tank.
mepstein
QUOTE(zipedadoo @ Oct 7 2018, 07:17 PM) *

You didn't recently mount anything under the dash did you? if you did, you might have put a " too long" screw into the tank.

Good idea. That wouldn’t be the first time someone did this.
914xr75
Look into these suggestions and get back to you thanks
Larmo63
Many times holes in the tank can't be seen until it is blasted.

Look carefully. shades.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 8 2018, 04:49 PM) *

Many times holes in the tank can't be seen until it is blasted.

Look carefully. shades.gif

agree.gif most likely leaking under the carpet pads that the tank sits on ,no a great setup as the carpet pieces get wet/damp and rust forms underneath.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.