Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Turbonator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ematulac
The Turbonator

Looks like a cheap fan that they are marketing as a 'supercharger.' blink.gif
Dave Blackburn
Its not even a fan.
Just a piece of tin with some fins sticking out of it. Only $70.
What a deal! huh.gif
Dave
tat2dphreak
LOL!!

I like this too:

"I purchased two Turbonators for my Chrysler Sebring and immediately noticed the increase in power. It was more than I expected. I am already noticing the improved gas mileage. I like them so much, I am ordering two more for my brothers. Now, it feels like my car has a turbo charger." - Dr. Brian Coyle (San Jose, CA)

I happen to KNOW, that anything makes the sebring seem MORE peppy... it's so heavy and sluggish to start with... mine gets faster when it's low on gas, because it's not toting 15 gallons of fuel on top of the 3500# chassis!

this thing has to be some sort of ripoff... it's just a fan that would blow down into your air intake... you can do the same thing by taking your heater fan and hooking THAT up to your intake... would it help?... highly doubt it
jd74914
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 17 2005, 09:07 AM)
LOL!!

I like this too:

"I purchased two Turbonators for my Chrysler Sebring and immediately noticed the increase in power. It was more than I expected. I am already noticing the improved gas mileage. I like them so much, I am ordering two more for my brothers. Now, it feels like my car has a turbo charger." - Dr. Brian Coyle (San Jose, CA)

Trust Him, hes a Doctor. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Jun 17 2005, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jun 17 2005, 09:07 AM)
LOL!!

I like this too:

Trust Him, hes a Doctor. biggrin.gif

Yea, probably a proctologist... since buying this thing is like getting a finger up the ass and having to pay for it... ar15.gif
zymurgist
I have a friend who has been chasing the idea of an electric fan in the intake like it was the Holy Grail for the past 20 years or so. I just don't seem to be able to get it into his head that no matter how powerful a fan you use, it ain't the same as boost. Oh well... if you're the kind of person who would buy a Turbonator, perhaps you'd also be interested in the magnet that goes on the fuel line and aligns all the fuel molecules for better power and gas mileage. wink.gif
GWN7
Same thing used to be advertised on late night TV. Created a "vortex" effect..... screwy.gif
Root_Werks
I went to the local FLAPS yesterday to grab some oil and noticed a HUGE center display with TONS of these things on for $79.99. screwy.gif Looks like quite a few were gone too. rolleyes.gif
balljoint
It's the "placebo effect". Like how I think my car is faster and more fuel efficient with a full tank of gas and a wash and wax.
GWN7
New Music Reading Session
Dr. Brian Coyle

Looks like he's a Dr. of Music Here
redshift
I can only hope one of the buyers is killed by the product, and their family sues the manufacturer out of business.

I bet they'd invest in E-Ram stocks..

M
MoveQik
QUOTE (balljoint @ Jun 17 2005, 06:39 AM)
It's the "placebo effect". Like how I think my car is faster and more fuel efficient with a full tank of gas and a wash and wax.

What a relief! I thought I was the only one that thought my car was faster after a good wash. When I really want to beef up performance I vacuum the interior as well.
Brando
It's featured in all the ricer mags as one of those HP increasing MODS.

Not worth anything. I first saw these on eBay for something like $39.99 a while ago.
Dr Evil
The local TV station did some testing on these. It was totally bogus, and actually caused worse gas milage.
736conver
A local news station here in Milwaukee tested this product. Had fitament problems and then when installed didnt make any difference. They tried contacting the company for support and got no response. I guess they were scared of the media. At the end of the show they rated it a 1 out of 5.

xsboost90
dude, i got one of those on my 914! I bought it as a package deal w/ the wastegate turbo sound muffler! Had to get rid of it to put on some whistle tips though, woo wooo! mueba.gif
redshift
Ok, who has the link to the site with all the BS car stuff, like muffler bearings, and such?

hah

M
Katmanken
I stuck one in my intake and one in my exhaust pipe and got a 4000% gain in power, and extra gas is actually being created in my gas tank.

At first, it was embarrising having the extra gas gas spurt from my tank, but now I sell the extra gas to my friends ......

I am negotiating a contract selling gas back to Sh*ll.

Gotta run, going down to the FLAPS to buy the rest of them..... biggrin.gif

Ken
bd1308
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 17 2005, 09:48 AM)
Ok, who has the link to the site with all the BS car stuff, like muffler bearings, and such?

hah

M

http://www.kalecoauto.com/

here ya go miles
redshift
super! thanks!

m
Verruckt
I went to school with a guy who SWORE that if you got a model airplane propellor and put it on the air cleaner stud that it would give you boost. blink.gif
Rand
It amazes me someone can make bs.gif claims like this and still sleep at night... and not be afraid of lawsuits.

> more efficient than any turbocharger, supercharger, blower, or intercooler
> will add up to 35 horsepower
> resulting in MPG gains as high as 31%

Must be related to stromberg.gif
Red-Beard
This one will really work...

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

It's also $1300....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.