Full Version: A little HSR Road Atlanta action
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
buz914
Group 3 Horsepower vs Handling

2.4 914/6 vs 4.0 Jaguar

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1USN6_qy_t...AMh9VrcPhyXo-Yb
wndsrfr
Ohhh Yeah...sweet driving! Nice to reel in the Jag with his power... his weight finally gets the better of him. Love the pitch of your engine, sounds much better than mine...guess you're revving to near 8000...is the trans an MSX gearset?
John
Cracker
Nice move...

T
2mAn
such a great video!
Fubawu
great vid...we need specs!!
buz914
QUOTE(Fubawu @ Oct 31 2018, 03:46 PM) *

great vid...we need specs!!

2.4, twin plug, I don't build engines so not sure of exact c/r.

Its a high strung race motor has small powerband like a 2 stroke, revs to 8k
cali914
nice Driving
old914dog
At the 26 second mark, there is a white sign on the right of the tack. You come onto this straight at about 55mph. the straight is about 4300 feet long. Top speed is dependent on how much motor and gearing you have. But to go past that white sign wide open with 914 brakes is against every principle of self preservation.....it takes balls. Commendable driving skills!!!!! A good teener is still a weapon in the hands of a "shoe."
Cracker
Ya think? biggrin.gif

T

QUOTE(old914dog @ Nov 13 2018, 03:31 PM) *

"...But to go past that white sign wide open with 914 brakes is against every principle of self preservation.....it takes balls.".
Cracker
To get an idea on how quick a car is on the straights, I often time how long it takes between T7 to 10a (at each apex)...your car is actually fairly quick. I am intrigued to know what your PB is at RA? I am going to guess it is between 1:33 and 1:35...and the time is???

T
buz914
QUOTE(Cracker @ Nov 13 2018, 04:20 PM) *

To get an idea on how quick a car is on the straights, I often time how long it takes between T7 to 10a (at each apex)...your car is actually fairly quick. I am intrigued to know what your PB is at RA? I am going to guess it is between 1:33 and 1:35...and the time is???

T

Close on lap time. That weekend the car turned a 1:36 best time. Its a fun track, always learning.
still2slow
Jamie,

Good meeting you at Daytona Classic 24.
What happened during the enduro in T5?
buz914
QUOTE(still2slow @ Nov 14 2018, 06:58 PM) *

Jamie,

Good meeting you at Daytona Classic 24.
What happened during the enduro in T5?

After the pit stop my co driver lost the brakes, pedal went to the floor. Not sure what happened, assume that the fluid boiled during the pit stop? Never had that happen before?! But should be ready for the Classic 12 at Sebring! Leading points!
ledfoot
Very entertaining... Any more in car videos?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.