Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I know another "which seat" thread...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garm
I did do some searching, I swear!

I'm doing a 2.7/Weber swap into my '72. With a 916 trans/LSD.
It's a street car, but I will occasionally go for track days.

I want to be held lovingly and closely by my seats. I don't mind installing some harnesses.

I know there must be lots of choices. I know they need to be low; do you guys just bolt them to the floor?

Here is one idea; but what is commonly done? Thanks guys.

Cobra Nogaro Circuit
IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the problem is always the mounting. Then after you get that handled, most of the aftermarket seats sit up too high. THAT is why we go with the replica Recaro for the 914 or the sport seats made on the 914 frame. Both bolt right in and work as the stock seats and provide the best support

QUOTE(garm @ Oct 9 2018, 10:30 AM) *

I want to be held lovingly and closely by my seats. I don't mind installing some harnesses.

I know there must be lots of choices. I know they need to be low; do you guys just bolt them to the floor?

Cobra Nogaro Circuit
IPB Image
Montreal914
Classic car deserves a classic look:

Click to view attachment

These are from here:
http://www.classiccarseats.com/nurburging-seats-5504.php
Andyrew
I've taken a steel frame seat and modified the base so a 914 track bolts on. Takes some aligning but its a pretty simple way of doing it. It allows you to get about as low as possible with an aftermarket seat as the 914 track system sits very very low. You only loose about an inch with the factory track.
Larmo63
The seats you show in your original post look goofy in a 914.

Go with the classic seat, they don't look so out of place.

IMHO
rjames
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 9 2018, 12:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

These are from here:

Do they require a core?
Mikey914
If i recall correctly Renegade makes a nice sport seatl
Anyone got a picture?
mepstein
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 9 2018, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Oct 9 2018, 12:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

These are from here:

Do they require a core?

No
Costa05
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 9 2018, 03:36 PM) *

If i recall correctly Renegade makes a nice sport seatl
Anyone got a picture?

Just so happens I am test fitting my Renegade Hybrids right now on my car. Like the way look too. New console being mocked up so ignore the crazy plan I have. I think they work fine with stock console setup too but not sure.

Click to view attachment
gereed75
If it were me, my current fave is the Watkins Glen by GTS seats. No personal experience but Stephen made these specifically for the 914 and he is familiar with the height issues. These are the closest design I have seen to Sheels used in the factory GT's. he'll use any fabric. This tartan one is KILLER from another member here

Click to view attachment
xperu
QUOTE(garm @ Oct 9 2018, 12:30 PM) *

Cobra Nogaro Circuit
IPB Image

I bought a Corbeau seat and set out to find the proper bracket for a 914. Several sites advertised the same mounting bracket and all were close to the same price. What I got was not the same pictured or configuration as advertised. What I got were 2 pieces of flat steel brackets about 1/4" x 2"x 13" with holes drilled in each end which centered on the seat front and back. The kit also included bolts for the seat to bracket.
I called Corbeau, gave them the serial number on the receipt. Corbeau said the bracket were made to mount the 2 bracket to the OEM seat rails.
What I ended up having to do was to drill my seat rails to fit the drilled hole in the brackets, I had to add washers to space enough to wrench the brackets bolts to the rails.
The seat sits to high even though I am 5"11" and on the thin side it's difficult to access the seat. I even have a smaller the OEM steering wheel I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this, but please let me know if you came up with a fix. I am newly retired and on a budget, so I am trying to make the dollars count.
Furthermore if you show a picture on your website and send me something else without an explanation is extremely disingenuous. Mike Kelly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.